Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#66344 - 10/06/07 01:45 AM Just got my new 990....unable to assign audio inputs or make other callibrations
john226 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: sacramento, ca
I just got my new 990 today, and I am unable to access the menu to assign my audio inputs. The remote is working, but the OSD on the 990 will not respond to the menu commands properly...when I press on the large menu button right below the 9 on the remote.....nothing happens, I am able to call up the various video modes, etc. with the small menu button on the lower portion of the remote, but I cannot get into the various input configuration options, audio inputs, speaker size, crossover, etc. When i repeatedly press the lower menu button on the remote, it just cycles through the bass, treble, and Defeat Off...ad nauseum. I am unable to assign the appropriate audio inputs to the various functions, and I am getting no sound. I am getting an FM signal and sound.....but, that doesn't require an audio input assignment.....at least it's telling me all my speaker and amp connections are ok. The FM broadcast in stereo sounds really good....outrageously good, actually. Everything is crisp and clear with beautiful instrument separatiion and vocals that are distinct, natural and unstrained.

I am not using the 990 for any video transmission.....only audio. The TV, DVD and Itunes air express are connected via either optical or coax....but with the menu commands are not responding, I can't assign them. I tried a reset, but that didn't help.

Am I missing something here in the set up process?

Any suggestions are much appreciated. This is very frustrating. Really want to hear what these digital connections sound like.
Anthem MCA 30 AMP
Audiosource Stereo AMP
Monitor Radius 180 surround
Comcast DVR
Sony HX929 LED TV
Apple Air Express/Apple TV

#66345 - 10/06/07 03:20 AM Re: Just got my new 990....unable to assign audio inputs or make other callibrations
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The menu only appears via analog video outputs: composite monitor output, s-video monitor output, and component monitor output. You'll need to have one of those outputs connected to your TV and the TV set to that input in order to access the setup menu, at which point the large menu button will take you where you need to go. The small menu button is actually the tone control ("Menu" is a secondary label used by some other devices, while the primary "Tone" label is the one that applies to the 990).

#66346 - 10/06/07 03:45 AM Re: Just got my new 990....unable to assign audio inputs or make other callibrations
john226 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: sacramento, ca
thanks Gonk....I was hoping you would be checking in tonight....very grateful for your quick response. The Outlaws should have you on their payroll.....your contributions are invaluable.

John
Anthem MCA 30 AMP
Audiosource Stereo AMP
Monitor Radius 180 surround
Comcast DVR
Sony HX929 LED TV
Apple Air Express/Apple TV

#66347 - 10/06/07 01:34 PM Re: Just got my new 990....unable to assign audio inputs or make other callibrations
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
No problem, John. Have fun setting up (and listening to) your 990.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 442 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
REP, caffeinated, WooWho, Ali, garyedward
8714 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
Veeper 1
Forum Stats
8,714 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,330 Topics
98,700 Posts