So you need a macro that will have the TV, DVD player, and 950 on with the 950 on the DVD input - and that macro will be your "default" start-up task. Watching TV is a secondary task, however, and the DirecTV receiver and TIVO are probably turned on all the time anyway. Here's my thought for some useful macros.

FIRST MACRO: Main Page, ON button
1. TV on
2. OPPO on
3. 950 DVD input
4. page change to OPPO device, page 1

SECOND MACRO: OPPO Page 1, OFF button
1. TV off
2. OPPO off
3. 950 off
4. page change to main page

THIRD MACRO: DTV and TIVO Page 1, OFF button
1. TV off
2. OPPO off
3. 950 off
4. page change to main page

FOURTH MACRO: Charter Cable Page 1, OFF button
1. TV OFF
2. OPPO off
3. Cable off
4. 950 off
5. page change to main page

In addition to these four macros, I'd use the shortcut feature to assign each device button on the main page to the corresponding 950 input command (DVD, Video1, Video2, Video3).

To create a macro, you select the button that you want to have the macro assigned to and click on the RECORD button in the "Macro & Favorite" window (if it's not visible, click on the button near the far right end of the toolbar that has an "M" and a green dot in it). You can then simply navigate through the pages on the left and click on each button that you want to include. To add a command to go to a specific page (handy for putting you somewhere different when the macro's done), click on the "Go To Page" button on the Macro & Favorite toolbar (to the right of the delay button that looks like a clock). Below are a series of screen shots describing this process.

To create a shortcut on a button, just select the button, go to the "Edit and Label Buttons" box, pick the device that contains the command you want (such as the 950), and then pick the command from the IR Code pull down menu. This will allow you to assign a single command from one device to any other device without having to learn it again. If you put a shortcut on an LCD button, it initially duplicates the original button's label, but you can edit it once the shortcut is assigned and it won't change the original button. I use this for things like putting surround mode commands and TV power and input commands on DVD or cable box devices. The screen shot below is of a shortcut being assigned to a device button on the main page.

All the screen shots were taken with a hacked-up copy of my MX700 file - I removed a few devices and renamed others.