Gonk - I appreciate how much you try to help everyone on this site, but I need to apologize because clearly I was unable to convey to you how ignorant I am.

I still have no idea what to do to set-up a macro. Here's what I know - I have my Satellite/TIVO Box on 24-7, so I never need to turn it on or off.

Other than watching TV (either DirecTV, Charter or TIVO recordings), what I use my system for the most is to watch DVD's. So here's my problem:

If I want to watch a movie, I want the following devices turned on: TV, OPPO, 950. I hope the way to accomplish is to go to the MX700's main page and select the OPPO button, then press the On button (and hold it down as long as needed).

To try and make that happen, in MX Editor I select OPPO, then select the macro button. That's as far as I get because I have no clue what to do next.

I'll keep studying the manual and maybe something will make sense to me, but as you can see I struggle with all of these commands. Anyway, whether you can help me through this or not, I appreciate your efforts.
Sharp Aquos - LC46E77UN
DirecTV - HD DVR
Mains - Paradigm Studio 80's
Surround - Paradigm ADP-470v-3's
Sub - Paradigm Seismic 12
Center - Paradigm CC-470
Outdoor - Paradigm Style 470's