Hello Everyone,

Had a chance to extensively compare my CIA DAC with the Sony megachanger and listen again via the Oppo. Conclusion, the CIA DAC is staying. There is much more air, a wider soundstage and a "being there" presentation with the CIA in place than without while using the Sony. Rechecked my connections and inputs again with the Oppo and came away with the same conclusion for the Oppo. More of everything but the difference wasn't as great as with the Sony, as I suspected. The Sony is much older than the Oppo and probably could use the help of the CIA. But the Outlaw 990 with the upsampler is very good in its own right and I do not want people to feel that I am downplaying the Outlaw. If I didn't have the CIA combination in the first place, I would be able to live with the Outlaw 990 alone. The CIA combo I am not surprised sounded better. It should because if I include the price of the aftermarket power cord I bought for it, is comparable in price to what I paid for the Outlaw 990 B-stock. Glad to see others chime in about their experiences using different DACs and transports with the 990.