Quote:
Originally posted by psyprof1:
Silbenz, you mentioned your Magnepans benefiting from using (I presume) 4 channels of your Pioneer receiver. Are your Maggies 3.6s or higher, or have you adapted 1.6s by doing a crossoverectomy on them? And what are you using for a line-level crossover? Can you describe the benefits you've heard from biamping? Thanks.
Yes, I am using four of the Pioneer's built-in amps. The Pioneer already has a built-in crossover to handle the active crossover needs of my Magnepan IIIas. Biamping with the Pioneer really lit up my IIIas. Much more detail, greater mids and bass you can really feel without the need of a sub. As my wife said, it really loaded the room with sound that she never felt before and I agree. Biamped with the Pioneer sounded better than running my IIIas with my Parasound HCA-1205 or a $9500 Karan 2-channel amp in conventional single cable/speaker mode. I am waiting later today for arrival of Cardas cabling to run my Parasound in biamp mode with the IIIas. Should eliminate all the clinical sound that I am experiencing with the digital amps in the Pioneer.