Quote:
Originally posted by krisdz:
I think I find the solution for this problem.
I will purchase the new Denon AVR-4308CI. It has the Denon link 3rd so I can transport the SACD, DVD-A and Stereo etc… trough digital link from my 3930CI and do the DAC and bass management on the processor. Everything else from the HDTV sources will go trough the HDMI 1.3. Also I’m intending to use the 4308 as the amp for the four surround speakers and the pre-outs to feed my front end and sub.
So, my 990 is for sale.
Regards
Kris
Krisdz,

Last month I sold my 990 and replaced it with a NOS Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi receiver that I am using as a HT processor. Though the 990 sounded good, the Pioneer sounds even better due to probably a couple of factors. Wanted the Pioneer for the iLink to my Marantz DV-9600 which eliminates jitter, it has a much more sophisticated acoustic room management system than the simple speaker level adjustment of the 990 and the bass management in bypass mode works the way everyone on this thread is wishing for in the 990. Another thing that the Pioneer can do for me is provide biamping to the front channels if I am not running a 7.1 system which my Magnepans benefit from. I will always be an Outlaw customer at heart (great people on this forum) and it was difficult for me to sell the 990 but I had no choice but to move on. Good luck with your next purchase.

Slbenz