Quote:
Gonk, I truly appreciate your contributions to this site, as I am sure Outlaw does, but your speaking as an apologist for Outlaw only gives them an reason to further delay a resolution.
I looked back at the post in question . It was in response to a post that suggested that Outlaw was doing nothing about the issue, even though someone had reported just a few posts earlier that they'd been helping Outlaw test updated firmware designed to fix the problem. In that context, I still don't see anything wrong with offering a possible explanation for why such beta firmware exists without any official announcement.
Quote:
I hate to sound harsh, because I like your posts - and again, you provide a great service to the forum users and by default to Outlaw, but I feel really disappointed when you start theorizing and coming up with excuses for Outlaw.
I am going to go out on a very short limb and say that I very much doubt anything I post here is going to shape Outlaw's business policies. I'd love to see a firmware update released for this issue, even though the way that I use my 990 doesn't happen to cross paths with the bug in question. For that matter, I doubt that Outlaw enjoys having a bug without having a fix released for it. Ideally, we'd have a firmware update sitting on Outlaw's server for download next week, and the issue could go away. When such a firmware update arrives and how it is announced is not anything that I have any control over, though, so all I can do is make note of what I've seen transpire in the past.