Jason,

The acoustic panels are made of mineral wool absorption material which are suppose to have good absorption characteristics. I'll first try removing the panels to see if that is the problem and then I try moving them around the room. But I still think the major problem is too much base for the room. I bought the panels because I performed the clap test and heard an echo in the room. The room has an area rug, 1 sofa and no curtains. The room still has a slight echo even with the panels.

Concerning the jumpers on the speakers, I'm currently bi-wiring the fronts and center speakers and I'm using spades as connectors. The Kef's use the same uni-driver driver as my previous Q model, but on this model there is also a hypertweeter. The hypertweeter supposely works when using SACD's or D-audio discs only. Is there anyway to test if the tweeters are operating properly?

A friend told me it took some time to break-in his Jamo speakers since he had the same problem at first. After some time the mids and uppers become smoother. I'm hoping mine will be the same.

Is is possible that I'm being over-critical at this time knowing these speakers cost 3x as much? or can it be these speakers are producing a fuller range of sound that I'm not accustomed to?

I'll keep you posted.