Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#64116 - 02/10/07 12:42 AM IR Out
wes18 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Looks like this was covered a while ago but want to see if there have been any chances. New 990 owner here and setting up my system. My IR signal to my Comcast (Motorola) box seems weak and was thinking of hooking up the 990 OUT IR to the cable box IR input. It isn't working. From searching this forum it looks like the 990 OUT IR may not work. From searching Google, can't say the Motorola box is a sure thing either. Anyone have any luck with the 990 OUT IR to a cable box?

#64117 - 02/10/07 10:43 AM Re: IR Out
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I haven't used the 990's IR output, but some previous discussion of IR in/out connections seemed to suggest that in many cases the IR output simply passes through whatever signal comes in to the IR input jack (and thus not signals received by the device's own IR sensor). I haven't talked to Outlaw about this myself, but they might be able to offer some better insight into at least the 990 side of the equation if you ran it past them .

As you may have noticed from some other related threads, I set up an IR distribution system even before I got my 990 because of the limitations imposed by my cabinet. My Pace box has an IR input on the back that did not work with my IR system - I suspect that it requires the same integrator that the 990 needs (and that I never bothered to get).

#64118 - 03/10/07 08:23 PM Re: IR Out
wes18 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Thanks. I just hooked up the Xantech. If its okay to say where I bought it from, I bought it here -> https://www.tselectronic.com/xantech/291kit.html which is the best price I saw new. Better than some ebay prices too when shipping is taken into account. Set it up today. Perfect. I ended up putting some black electrical tape over the "mice" because the constant blinking red was iritating.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 184 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
caffeinated, WooWho, Ali, garyedward, jamescuz
8713 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,713 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ 06/25/24 03:13 AM