Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#63719 - 01/25/07 10:35 AM Best CD/DVD changer transport for 990?
Benson Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cincinnati, OH
I am not sure if this question has been raised before, so maybe I am picking up an old thread here.

I want to upgrade my Sony CD Mega-Changer to a DVD changer. I like the convenience of having a couple of hundered disks stored in one device. It looks like Sony is the only company still producing such devices.

I am torn between the DVP-CX777ES and the DVP-CX995V. As will mostly using this for music I am wondering which one is the better transport (as I will be using the DACs in my pre/pro)?

My guess is the 777ES but I read a lot about mechanical problems (disk scratching) with this unit. Can anyone comment on the transport quality and mechanical/technical reliability of the 995V or even give a comparison of the 2 units?

#63720 - 01/25/07 03:33 PM Re: Best CD/DVD changer transport for 990?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
As a transport, the two should be very comparable (in fact, they should be essentially indistinguishable) - the transport's job is simply to read the bits on the disc and pass them along to the digital output, so sound quality ends up being dependent on the quality of the receiver or processor at the other end of the digital audio cable. Unfortunately, I don't know anything of value about the mechanical reliability of either mega-changer.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 184 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
caffeinated, WooWho, Ali, garyedward, jamescuz
8713 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,713 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ 06/25/24 03:13 AM