Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#63522 - 01/12/07 06:19 PM Quick sub question
redrob Offline
Gunslinger

Have a new sub. Driver (JBL 2226H) is capable of making noise up to about 2.5KHz. Was playing around with it yesterday, and noticed that in bypass mode, the sub seems to be getting a full spectrum signal. In "bypass" I expected it to get nothing, not everything.

My question is- are the mains also getting a full signal? Can I cut the power to the sub amp for pure 2-channel listening? Or, is the frequency below the (990) crossover point only being sent to the sub? (I think/hope the mains get everything in bypass)

Is bypass the *only* mode that will send full signal to the mains? Specifically, I'm curious about upsample.

I have upgraded the firmware if that makes a difference.

No doubt, this has been asked and answered before, but I couldn't find a definitive post.

#63523 - 01/12/07 07:24 PM Re: Quick sub question
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
In bypass mode with small main speakers, the 990 does two things: it sends a full range signal to the mains, and (because the speakers are identified as small) it also sends a summed, full-range copy of the left and right signals to the sub. This behavior only takes place with bypass mode.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 174 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ 06/25/24 03:13 AM