a few years ago I bought an LFM-1 based on many positive reviews. What I kept reading was that it was not the best sub, but it matched up great with subs costing over $1000! So for the money, it was a great deal!

I recently purchased a 990-7500 combo. I kept reading that for the money it was nothing short of a great deal!

Where I live There is not much opportunity to audition many products and compare. I realize the capital outlay based on faith and opinion of others is a leap!

I appreciate all the reviews and especially guys like MKtheatre who will literally test many many products. I got mine before he actually settled on his 990 but his critique, like others leads to a similar outcome.

YOU CAN'T DO WRONG FOR THE MONEY!

Granted, this is not the best way to approach this and like I said, I would prefer to audition a few choices first, But time does not allow me this.

In the end, I think I am getting my money's worth and the bottom line is my system is coming together very nicely.

This forum site alone has helped me get up to speed on many issues on things I have yet to learn.

For newbies looking to answer the question: Is there anything better? Perhaps there is, perhaps there is not. Its also very subjective what different people like.

Im going to go back now and reread many of the reviews as now I have a better understanding of what they are saying! The good and the bad!
Lfm-plus
MK Vx850 sub
velodyne Sms-1
MK 850 LCR
MK CS surround
Outlaw Balanced Cable (ouch!)
Lots of Bluejean fancy cables
Oppo SACD/DVD-A
38inch Loewe Aconda
Panamax 500
Monster Power 3500