Nalod,

A suggestion while you have the electrician at your house...I wish I had run a Cat 5 wire from my HT equipment to my computer desk. I rip all my music in the FLAC format for ease of burning copies and to archive it. In order to play it through the 990 I use a Linksys router and one of their wireless receivers with an optical output. A Cat 5 wire would have made my life a lot easier since the router/receiver has given me some trouble.

Regarding the Oppo I know what you mean, it does not look that impressive. My Dad has one hooked up via HDMI to a 37" Panasonic plasma. I compared the component to HDMI and the picture was much better with HDMI. I thought the component quality was about the same as my Pioneer 45A on my Hitachi. That said, the Oppo provides options should you get a display that accepts HDMI. In the mean time, it is fine with component and is a decent cd player too.

Barry Ober suggested the CS models to me too. However, they won't work in my room and I use the surround 55s mounted on the side walls slightly behind my listening position (aka a comfortable couch in the middle of the room). The CS is such a unique speaker but it would be a terrific solution to locating surrounds when the couch, er listening position, is against a back wall.

Enjoy setting up your new gear.