Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#62048 - 09/21/06 10:46 PM Hiccups and Thanks
westlee Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: california/santa barbara
Didn't order a 990 last week...wouldn't be able to firmware upgrade, blah, blah, blah....my brother insists on latest firmware but wont spring for a laptop to haul up to the mountain theater home,,

But then found out through Saloon about B-stock, firmware installation and free shipping.....Called 'Steve", pulled the trigger and blam! Should be here in Calif. before next weekend when I will take it 6 thousand feet up and conduct hi-altitude tests....and hook-up the 990 as well....(joke)

And, of course, my brother called me 10 minutes later to say he finally bought a lap-top and cable for firmware upgrade....I just chuckled....Don't have the heart to tell him what I had just done! Oh, well, there could be future firmware updates....I'm going to pretend I still need it and tell him later that the upgrade went smooth as butter! The money I have saved on the b-stock unit will go directly to the "Needy-Beer" foundation I started about fifteen minutes ago. Thanks all!

#62049 - 09/21/06 11:03 PM Re: Hiccups and Thanks
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
smile - Excellent! I suspect you'll enjoy the 990, no matter what the altitude. As you say, there could always be additional firmware updates, to don't let the laptop get away.

#62050 - 09/22/06 02:21 PM Re: Hiccups and Thanks
westlee Offline
Gunslinger

No doubt Gonk. I have been outboarding a 2802 for awhile and the pre/out is anemic, although all my A/V crash test dummies(family/friends) are wowed and bowled over...

I am extremely fortunate because although I may be small-dollar potatoes...I have obscene access to Godzilla gear just about whenever I want to..I've been good friends with a Hi-End dealer/now mega-system custom installer for over twenty years and he has always been generous in letting me drag home gear for evaluation and fun even when he knows I can't afford it or have no intentions of buying it. I've got to play with Parasound/Bel Canto/Integra and others in home and with other set-ups and its all great. The downside is, of course, returning the stuff! I sure I could have got a great deal on the Para 7100 or maybe a demoed C2, but I'd just rather save the money now and try the 990,,, which I'm positive....for the money,,,, I'll be thrilled with....or my money back! Can't go wrong! Till I turn the power on! Report back in a couple of weeks not for a review, but most likely a quick report of fun and thanks. Thanks!

#62051 - 09/22/06 02:21 PM Re: Hiccups and Thanks
westlee Offline
Gunslinger

No doubt Gonk. I have been outboarding a 2802 for awhile and the pre/out is anemic, although all my A/V crash test dummies(family/friends) are wowed and bowled over...

I am extremely fortunate because although I may be small-dollar potatoes...I have obscene access to Godzilla gear just about whenever I want to..I've been good friends with a Hi-End dealer/now mega-system custom installer for over twenty years and he has always been generous in letting me drag home gear for evaluation and fun even when he knows I can't afford it or have no intentions of buying it. I've got to play with Parasound/Bel Canto/Integra and others in home and with other set-ups and its all great. The downside is, of course, returning the stuff! I sure I could have got a great deal on the Para 7100 or maybe a demoed C2, but I'd just rather save the money now and try the 990,,, which I'm positive....for the money,,,, I'll be thrilled with....or my money back! Can't go wrong! Till I turn the power on! Report back in a couple of weeks not for a review, but most likely a quick report of fun and thanks. Thanks!

#62052 - 09/22/06 02:43 PM Re: Hiccups and Thanks
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I look forward to hearing how the 990 works out for you, westlee.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 166 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ 06/25/24 03:13 AM