Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#61763 - 08/18/06 12:00 AM received my acoustic panels today
billyTHEkid Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: PAP Haiti
Today I received my acoustic panels and installed them. I strongly recomend this upgrade to anyone who thinks that their sound is missing a bit, or feel that your wound should sound better at higher volumes.

I thaught I had excelent sound with my /990/7500. I listen to music and movies just like anyone that spends time in hifi forums. After installing the panels my sound changed drasticly. Sitting so close to the rear wall, I would get lots of reverb from the rear wall. I installed 4 panels on the rear walls and 2 on the side walls. The absorbtion makes a great difference in my sound quality compared to my bare concrete walls. The sound was bouncing all over the place before.

One advice to people who are thinking about adding acoustic panels, the are not necessary for the front walls, especially If you have electrostatic speakers. They need a hard front wall.

#61764 - 08/18/06 02:00 AM Re: received my acoustic panels today
wingnut4772 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Miami
I agree wholeheartedly. I just got a set from Real Traps and it made an incredible difference in the room. It's the first thing that someone should do if they are looking to upgrade their system.

#61765 - 08/19/06 09:32 AM Re: received my acoustic panels today
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
What company did you get your panels from? Or are they DIY?

#61766 - 08/20/06 03:58 AM Re: received my acoustic panels today
barend Offline
Gunslinger

Yes, it's THE way to go if you can persuade your wife you MUST use them...
Sadly, I can't.
So it's equalizing and teethgritting for me, I'm also sitting rather close to the back wall.
Are there any panels that do NOT look like a recording studio and can be stuck to the rear wall directly?

#61767 - 08/20/06 01:32 PM Re: received my acoustic panels today
billyTHEkid Offline
Gunslinger

I got gikacoustics. 2 inch panels. I had purchased a pair of 4 inches, but they were a bit too much for my room.

#61768 - 08/20/06 09:37 PM Re: received my acoustic panels today
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
Thanks. I've been researching the panels that are out there for awhile now. We're moving into a new house (My first house!!) in a couple of weeks but I think I'm going to end up in the same situation as barend. It looks like the "home theater" is going to have to integrate into the living room. frown Oh well, more money to save for an upgrade for my 19" TV. cool

#61769 - 08/20/06 09:49 PM Re: received my acoustic panels today
billyTHEkid Offline
Gunslinger

well, I think that they are great for the money. However, if you are going to integreat with your living room, you might want to spend more money and get some better looking panels there are some companies that sell panels that lool like paintings that you waould put on a wall. I guess its really up to you. For my HT room, I do not need better than the offwhite plain panels.

If I were putting them in my bedroom or livingroom, i would prefer to buy two panels at a time and get something nice looking.

Its like buying equipment, I take my time and buy my ht equipment one by one and get stuff that I am happy with. It may take a little longer but in the end, you are really happy with what you have.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 174 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ 06/25/24 03:13 AM