When you run the 990's auto setup, does it equalize your speakers?

There are many things that I like with the 990 and many that I think are not good. the sound quality is very good. I have some bass issues, since i have not yet done the upgrade, I will not comment about that now. As far as the video, the qaulity really sucks. I have not tried the dvi yet, but if you run compunent video through it or svideo, or composit, it degrads the picture quality. You are better off running a rca out to the tv for the menu and all your video directly to your output devices to the TV.

As for the remote, I have mixed feelings about it. I like the weight, the backlight and the feel of the buttons. its missing a button on the side to lite it in the dark. It need to be better organized. the stero dts and dvd keys shoulk be in the same area.

The other thing that I don't like about it is that its limited in what can be programed. I have a denon 2910 dvd and a directv H20 hd sat receiver and I cannot program either one. Its so depressing that I did not even bother programing my TV.

As for the sound quality, when matched with their 7500 amp, I am so impressed that I do not know how it can sound better. The dts and DD are on par with anything out their. I am sure that If you buy a MUCH more expensive unit, I maybe better, but by how much? When compared to my Yamaha 2500, the 990 makes you feel as if you are in the center of the action. The yamaha makes you feel as if its pushing the sound out of the speakers. As for the center channel, the voices come out cristal clear.