Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#60404 - 05/22/06 07:58 PM New Firmware - DSP bug is gone!
Asx Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: FL
I've just updated the firmware, and it looks like it's been fixed. And I mean it is really fixed. Whoever tried the DPLII Music and didn't like it, try it now, it's very different, you may even like it, just set Width between 3 and 5 smile Seems like the DSP is not screwing up the front soundstage and is not messing with overall timbre anymore. No more harshness, subdued deep bass and exaggerated midbass. The ToneDefeat set to OFF by itself does not do it anymore either, even if controls are set not to zeroes. Un-f-ing-believable. If the whole thing sounded like this right away I would have never even considered trying Arcam or Cary.

There is still a bug with ToneDefeat left that makes the calibration with internal signal incorrect, but I'm not concerned much about it.

Interesting that the Outlaws must have known about this problem all the time and never released any informaiton on it.

#60405 - 05/22/06 08:58 PM Re: New Firmware - DSP bug is gone!
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
So how does Pro Logic II-Music sound to you now? Are things looking up (sounding up?)?

I'll have to try to get this installed this evening and see what I think of it. smile

#60406 - 05/26/06 11:23 AM Re: New Firmware - DSP bug is gone!
redrob Offline
Gunslinger

Hmmm, I had pretty much given up on PLIIx music- as I really didn't like the way it seemed to collapse the soundstage down into the center channel speaker. I was, in general, a lot happier with the DTS Music mode. But, I figured it was just me ;-). Are you guys telling me that the upgrade makes a significant improvment in this regard? If so, my motivation to get it installed just took a big jump.

#60407 - 05/26/06 11:41 AM Re: New Firmware - DSP bug is gone!
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Scott confirmed in another thread that there were some software changes to the way Pro Logic II operated, so you might be well served by re-visiting it with the new firmware.

#60408 - 05/29/06 10:51 AM Re: New Firmware - DSP bug is gone!
Eric A Offline
Gunslinger

The improved PLII is great for those old recordings that don't sound very good in stereo. I tried some led zeppelin with the new PLII and it sounds fantastic compaired to 2 channel. I still prefer 2 channel with the good recordings.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 256 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ 06/25/24 03:13 AM