Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:
It sounds like your TV is telling the player that it can't process a Dolby Digital or DTS bitstream, which is not surprising. Do not set the player to PCM, though. Your TV has no problem getting PCM over the HDMI connection, but you'll also be feeding the 990 a PCM signal over the optical cable, and that means you will lose both Dolby Digital and DTS audio - you'll be feeding the 990 the a downmixed stereo signal stripped down from the Dolby Digital's 5.1 and nothing at all from DTS.

If setting "Screen Messages" to "off" in the player's display menu gets rid of the message permanently, that's probably the best solution. The alternative is to ignore the message.
This is driving me crazy. Now I canot get the tv to "source" to HDMI 1, which is where the dvd is plugged into. I go into the tv menu and into input setup and it will just pass right over the HDMI1 and not let me highlight it. When I use the source button on the tv remote it just passes by the HDMI1 screen straight to HDMI2 screen, which I have nothing connected to at the moment. Anyway, on the dvd menu, I have bitstream on, and DTS on, and PCM "down somehting" set to off. Does this sound right.