Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#60096 - 05/07/06 07:36 AM No sound from VIdeo 1 Analog connection
jsid Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Hawaii
I recently recieved my 990 and I love the sound quality. The only complaint I have right now is that for some reason the Analog connection for Video 1 does not work. I have tried to reset the unit but that didn't work. The Opt & Coax work...any suggestions.

#60097 - 05/07/06 09:08 AM Re: No sound from VIdeo 1 Analog connection
Miscanthus Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Madison, MS
Quote:
Originally posted by jsid:
I recently recieved my 990 and I love the sound quality. The only complaint I have right now is that for some reason the Analog connection for Video 1 does not work. I have tried to reset the unit but that didn't work. The Opt & Coax work...any suggestions.
go into the 990 menu an make sure your inputs are set appropriately. The 990 has to know what is connected where.

#60098 - 05/08/06 06:13 AM Re: No sound from VIdeo 1 Analog connection
jsid Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Hawaii
I've already checked that and it is correct (I change it when ever I try another type of connection, OPT, COA, ANALOG for example). I’m convinced that there might be hardware problems. I am also experiencing and issue with the monitor out. When I connect the composite video connection from the DVD out to the DVD in on the 990 and the composite monitor out connection from the 990 to the TV, I get the menu and DVD playback on the TV. However, when I connect the component video out from the DVD player to the 990 I get nothing to the TV. In this configuration I am still using composite video monitor out from the 990. I have to do this right now because my TV is too far to connect via component out from the 990. I am still waiting for my new cables to come in. My question is should I or do I have to use component video out if I use component video in? If not then I really think that I've got a defective unit. Again the menu settings are correct for the type of video connection I am using at the time. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

#60099 - 05/08/06 07:30 AM Re: No sound from VIdeo 1 Analog connection
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
You may want to touch base with Outlaw about the analog audio input - they can walk you through some good troubleshooting, and if there is a hardware problem they'll need to know about it to get you fixed up.

The video switching is functioning as designed. composite and s-video inputs are transcoded up to the component video output, but a component video input is not transcoded down to composite or s-video. If you plan to use component video inputs, you must connect the component monitor output. And if your TV supports them, I'd definitely recommend using them.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 248 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM