I've already checked that and it is correct (I change it when ever I try another type of connection, OPT, COA, ANALOG for example). I’m convinced that there might be hardware problems. I am also experiencing and issue with the monitor out. When I connect the composite video connection from the DVD out to the DVD in on the 990 and the composite monitor out connection from the 990 to the TV, I get the menu and DVD playback on the TV. However, when I connect the component video out from the DVD player to the 990 I get nothing to the TV. In this configuration I am still using composite video monitor out from the 990. I have to do this right now because my TV is too far to connect via component out from the 990. I am still waiting for my new cables to come in. My question is should I or do I have to use component video out if I use component video in? If not then I really think that I've got a defective unit. Again the menu settings are correct for the type of video connection I am using at the time. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.