Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#59664 - 04/24/06 04:37 PM Extreme newbie question about interconnects
Miscanthus Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Madison, MS
Ok, I have the 990 and 7125. I know that there is one cable for the sub connection, and I have it. I want to use unbalanced connections for the other interconnects. According to the directions, it appears that there are 7 separate cables for connecting the center channel, left, right, middle left, middle right, rear left and rear right to the 7215. Question is, are there in fact 7 separate cables and what type of cables are these and what should I tell the guy at Best Buy that I need, because the guy I tried to get help from this morning had no idea. Other question what type of cable is used for the "Trigger" connection.
Thanks.

#59665 - 04/24/06 05:08 PM Re: Extreme newbie question about interconnects
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
There are seven separate cables for connecting the center, main, surround, and rear surround pre-amp outputs from the 990 to the inputs of the 7125. These cables are essentially identical to the old "red and white" stereo audio cables you've used for CD players, tape decks, and VCR's for years - while those old cables provided just two connections, though, we're now making seven. Any analog audio cables will do, although I'd recommend a good quality cable such as Outlaw's PCA or something like Blue Jeans Cable's (listed as both a stereo pair and a multichannel set ).

This cable is all that you need to connect the 990's trigger output to the 7125's trigger input. Before you run to Radio Shack, double-check the 7125's box - I think that at one time Outlaw was including trigger cables with their multichannel amps. I could be wrong, though - I don't have a 7125.

Oh, and welcome to both the Outlaw family and the world of separates. You're likely to come up with some questions, so feel free to ask away here. I've also got some information on my site that may help (specifically looking connecting home theater equipment , different cable types , and a ton of other stuff .

#59666 - 04/24/06 05:23 PM Re: Extreme newbie question about interconnects
Miscanthus Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Madison, MS
Thanks a lot Gonk. That is exactly what I needed.

#59667 - 04/27/06 08:01 PM Re: Extreme newbie question about interconnects
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Definitely check the box. I just got a 7125 recently and the trigger cable was included with the amp.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 112 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
REP, caffeinated, WooWho, Ali, garyedward
8714 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 2
scoooter 2
Veeper 1
Forum Stats
8,714 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,330 Topics