Hello Gonk,

Thanks for responding.

My HDA1 was manufactured in May 06 and the firmware was v.1.2. I didn't have the Model 990 when I first purchased the A1. I was using an Aragon Soundstage which has neither DVI or HDMI switching capability. I was content to manually switch the hdmi cable between the sat receiver and the A1 as my Sony TV has only one hdmi input. Running the A1 directly into the tv produced a wonderful picture, and other than slow loading times, I experienced no problems with picture or sound.

Toshiba issued its most recent firmwire update, 1.4, a week or so after I had the unit home. I rec'd the update disc and installed the new version. I continued switching the cable manually even after I purchased the 990. It took me until last week to pickup the hdmi/dvi cables. And that is when the switching problems I mentioned in my earlier post began.

I watched the standard dvd of V for Vendetta this evening and didn't experience any problems. This is the only standard dvd I've watched since hooking the 990 and A1 together. Perhaps the errant behavior I'm experiencing is confined to only the hidef discs.

I'm happy with both the 990 & A1. However, I wish they would learn to play well together.