I don't know about the way of the future being all download and pay per view in any of its various incarnations. Personally, I like having my libraries. I like the look of them on the shelf. I like the artwork. I like being able to physically hold the product in my hand. I like being able to take it wherever I want and and actually be able to play it there. I find physically owning my media comforting.

With downloads, the DRM schemes (and whatever other restrictions they can create) can make creating a physical copy to take with you impossible, or close enough to it not to be any different. Never mind the playback limitations with them (only one PC, etc.).

While the download times may be improving, you'll always be limited in storage capacity by the size of your system. Lets not forget that HD formats consume massive amounts of space. If I run out of room for a physical disc, I can always add more shelves/drawers/rooms, whatever. I don't have to throw away something to make room for another.

Maybe I'm old school in this, but I think that I will always prefer buying my media and having it in hand.