Quote:
Originally posted by jrlouie:
Another example, I'm watching the Zippo 200 nascar race right now. I just turned it on and the 990 went to Pro Logic II Movie. LFE indicator is lit and the dobly digital indicator is lit. If I hit Dolby Modes it goes to "Dolby Digital". If I change channels and come back it still goes to Dolby Digital (as it should). If I turn off the 990 and back on, it goes to Dolby Digital (as it should).
I have no clue why it was on Pro Logic II Movie before. I can't even get it to that now (not that I want to).
Think I should send the 990 into Outlaw? Sure is a pain, I'd hate too. This would be the 2nd time.
This is curious... If the "Dolby Digital" and "LFE" indicators are both on, then the 990 would appear to be properly recognizing and decoding the Dolby Digital bitstream, which makes me wonder if the displayed "Pro Logic II" is perhaps a bug in the way the active mode is reported (in other words, not a bug in the processing mode actually being employed). After all, the simple fact that you have audio at all suggests that it is properly applying Dolby Digital decoding, and the status of the front panel indicators seems to support that reasoning.

I don't think this is a case where returning your 990 to Outlaw is going to do you any good, unless the mode problem is accompanied by an actual loss of audio output somehow (which it appears is not the case). It may be that you've found an intermittent display bug?