Guys,

Thanks for the double measurement confirmation...

My comment about relating pre/pros that cost $3K and up from the bigger vendors, I meant no direct relation of pre/pro cost to the # of techs, but they carry a bigger organization overall, 3-4 sales/marketing, 3-4 for trade shows etc, and one would assume 3-4 techs...+ magazine ads..Need to cover all those W-2's. The likes of Anthem and Lexicon need to pass those cruise ship costs onto the end-user.

On the other hand, my aunt worked for Harmon Kardon at their main US office on Long Island for 7 years. She was able to get us HK gear for the Japan cost to manufacture price of 60% off MSRP. After 1 year they changed employee policy HK family members pay dealer cost...40% off MSRP..One day she gave me a tour of the HK facility. Old HK receivers rarely broke, but they ventured in car stereos, with high failures in late 80's..In the tech lab there were 2 techs, and 200 units piled up for repair..This location was the only US location for HK repair!

990 Bass issue: I went back and read a bulk of those bass management posts. Bottomline is if I have a standard 5.1 setup, my mains and rears set to small, and sub-yes..Crossover at 80Hz I should have no bass issues true?

990 Display Issue: As long as I run a standard composite RCA cable from the 990 to one of my TV video inputs, I get to see my 990 menu true?

990 Auto detect: I read in a post that the 990 auto detects incoming signal.. So once the 990 is properly dialed in by me, and the wife pops in a DVD she does not have to enter OSD, she turns on the 990 and adjust volume only...true?

I appreciate the comments about Outlaw as an organization. As Gonk states, they have been around 6-7 years selling quality gear...If the ice on the lake was only 1/4" thick over 7 years it would have broke through somewhere...

As for 990's lifespan, for me it would be 3-4 years...I'll wait for generation 2 HD-DVD, the dust settles, HD-DVD burners are out for the PC etc...

Thanks Vince