Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#58593 - 03/18/06 01:01 PM Re: Who designed this On screen menu? It's terrible!
John Menoni Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: New York
Gonk, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions so thoroughly and take the time to understand my problem.

I was hoping my problem was something that others have experienced so I would be able to tell what the problem is. At this point it might be worth it to do the same thing as AndrewS and use a small T.V. My biggest fear right now is that there is a problem with my 990.

I will try and do what Gonk reccomended. If I connect to video 4 or 5, will that be set for Component, S-Video, etc? If I connect an S-vieo or composite video cable from the DVD player to video 4 or 5, will that work?

Thanks again boyz!!!

#58594 - 03/18/06 02:14 PM Re: Who designed this On screen menu? It's terrible!
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Video 4 and 5 will default to either s-video or composite (I'm not sure which), so connecting a DVD player that way would work.

#58595 - 03/18/06 02:29 PM Re: Who designed this On screen menu? It's terrible!
John Menoni Offline
Gunslinger

I tried it. The menu won't even click over. The face of the 990 says "Analog." I used a composite video. No good. I don't know why the menu doesn't work. You can tell when it clicks over because you can hear it. My parents have a small T.V. I will try using that.

#58596 - 03/18/06 02:38 PM Re: Who designed this On screen menu? It's terrible!
gonk Offline
Desperado

Analog refers to the audio. What did it do when youu tried a DVD in the Oppo via component video? Could you watch the DVD?

#58597 - 03/18/06 04:06 PM Re: Who designed this On screen menu? It's terrible!
John Menoni Offline
Gunslinger

Yes I could watch the dvd on the oppo. I think there is something wrong here. I'm starting to wish I would have gotten a different pre/pro. I went and got a small black and white tv with a composite input. I hooked it up to video 4 then video 5. Now I can't even turn on the menu at all. No matter what input I have the 990 on, the menu doesn't click over at all. Another thing that drives me crazy is that when I have the 990 set to certain inputs I can't switch to another via remote, or the face. I had the 990 set to video 4 trying to get the osd working and I couldn't switch it back to TV for some reason. This is not how I like to spend my saturdays.

#58598 - 03/18/06 04:38 PM Re: Who designed this On screen menu? It's terrible!
John Menoni Offline
Gunslinger

I just tried to hook up my Satallite box via component and got no picture unlike the oppo. In doing so I scratched up my audio rack to add insult to injury.

I'm so fed up with this thing I'm thinking of getting rid of it. I love the sound of it but outlaw should have put more time into getting rid of the bugs before releasing it. If the osd was this much of a pain, you should have been able to acces it from the face of the unit. Now I have a small black and white tv and I still can't get it to work. Did anyone say "Gee how are these people going to set up there equipment if they use the digital connections?" Obviously not. Now, I'm having all kinds of problems. When using some inputs, I can't even turn the menu on. Thanks Outlaw. Another great design. I would gladly pay another $100-$200 bucks to have thing work correctly than to drive myself crazy trying to setup equipment and not being able to do so.

#58599 - 03/18/06 05:24 PM Re: Who designed this On screen menu? It's terrible!
gonk Offline
Desperado

John, I honestly have not had any of the sort of problems you are having with the OSD - and aside from folks whose displays won't accept 480i over component I haven't seen others having problems either. I know you've been playing telephone tag with Outlaw, and I think that the best bet is to talk with them on Monday - there's either something that you and I have been missing in our exchanges, or there's a flaw in your unit.

#58600 - 03/18/06 05:29 PM Re: Who designed this On screen menu? It's terrible!
sraber Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Green Bay, WI
Hooking your TV up to video 4 isn't going to yield a picture on your TV. You need to hook your TV up to a video output on the pre/pro, not a video input. Try the monitor out composite connection....

later,
simp
Outlaw Audio Model 2200 (center)
Rotel RMB-1075 (ss, rs)
f, B&W DM604S3
c, B&W LCR600S3
ss, B&W DM302
rs,Polk M3II
HSU VTF-3 MK3
APC H-15 Power Conditioner
Display: Panny PT-AE4000 Proj. + 92" DIY Screen
Little Dot MKIII Headphone Amp
Denon AH-D1100 Headphones (needed a quick, cheap set. looking for an upgrade worthy of the h/p amp.)

#58601 - 03/18/06 06:33 PM Re: Who designed this On screen menu? It's terrible!
John Menoni Offline
Gunslinger

Thanks Sraber. I don't know why exactly, but when I unhooked the video 4 input and only had the composite output hooked up to the T.V. I finally get the OSD to work. The best part is that it works no matter what I'm watching I noticed. I have everything hooked exactly as before but I hooked up the small T.V. to the composite output on the 990 and it works fine. I'm not sure why it wasn't working when I hooked something up to the video4 input and had it the same way. Bottom line, it works.

I definately let my frustration get the better of me. I put in my War of the Worlds special edition and watched it in DTS for a while and once again, I'm in love with the Outlaw. All is once again right in my HT. Thanks for all the help Gonk.

#58602 - 03/18/06 06:52 PM Re: Who designed this On screen menu? It's terrible!
sraber Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Green Bay, WI
Glad to hear that you got it working... Enjoy!

later,
simp
Outlaw Audio Model 2200 (center)
Rotel RMB-1075 (ss, rs)
f, B&W DM604S3
c, B&W LCR600S3
ss, B&W DM302
rs,Polk M3II
HSU VTF-3 MK3
APC H-15 Power Conditioner
Display: Panny PT-AE4000 Proj. + 92" DIY Screen
Little Dot MKIII Headphone Amp
Denon AH-D1100 Headphones (needed a quick, cheap set. looking for an upgrade worthy of the h/p amp.)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 348 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM