Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#592 - 01/14/02 09:57 AM Re: NAD or Outlaw????
Ricco Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: New Ipswich, NH
Quote:
Originally posted by flyrod:
Thanks very much for your input!

If the T751 is $500, then get it. You'll most likely be satisfied.

Well, I auditioned one a few days ago (after 3 months of searching for a dealer with one in stock; I even have the advantage of being a corporate pilot and traveling to 2-3 new cities every week); dammitboy there's a lot of stores that have NAD in their Yellow Pages ad, and nevertheless have none on the showroom floor when you get there....

This was my experience as well, regarding the derth of NAD avilability and accessibility. Outlaw Audio provided me with quick and honest pre-sales support as well as a 30-day in-home trial. If I could have gotten this kind of attention from NAD or an NAD dealer it would have been nice.

Quote:

Thanks very much for your input!

And you know... the 1050 looks so home-brew it's just gotta be good!

I actually have to give a nod to the NAD for being a tad classier looking...the Outlaw concept is fine, but the logo is a bit over-the-top...
Thanks again...

dave

By "home-brew" I meant that it is almost the antithesis of sleek and classy. It conveys a product from a comany who puts its money behind its passion of audio engineering and not marketing gloss. I was attracted to the struggling artist, underdog look vs. high-end boutique look.

I agree with your comments regarding the logo, but I haven't found it to have unduly affected the unit's sonic qualities If you buy the 1050, I'll send you 2-inch strip of black electrical tape.

Good luck on your hunt...

#593 - 01/17/02 10:03 AM Re: NAD or Outlaw????
rennocneb Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: terre haute, IN, USA
I currently use an NAD T751 in my secondary home theater and love it. It is very warm sounding great for 2-channel listening. Plenty of power unless you have a really big room and hey its an NAD sorry thats a big plus for me versus Outlaw

#594 - 01/17/02 12:59 PM Re: NAD or Outlaw????
flyrod Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Tallahassee, FL USA
"I currently use an NAD T751 ...and hey its an NAD sorry thats a big plus for me versus Outlaw"

Great! Now you tell me! The day after I order an Outlaw...and now I'm on the lam from the posse forever!!!! (Just watched Oulaw Jose Wales last night to get me in the mood.) I'm standing by the mailbox....

Seriously, thanks for the input. I still have the T-751 option...and I'll still have my NAD 7125 for the old phono collection and (A/B comparison with the Outlaw, for that matter)

dave

#595 - 01/18/02 02:09 AM Re: NAD or Outlaw????
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Remember, flyrod, rennocneb is stating an opinion based on never hearing the Outlaw. Don't worry too much about it! I'm certain you'll be another happy member of the Outlaw family!

Welcome!

#596 - 01/18/02 02:51 AM Re: NAD or Outlaw????
synthfreek Offline
Gunslinger

I've been told by several workers at audio stores that sell NAD that they're going downhill. Both the actual products and most of all they're QC(quality control). They are not the NAD of the 80s.

------------------

#597 - 01/18/02 08:25 AM Re: NAD or Outlaw????
flyrod Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

[B]Remember, flyrod, rennocneb is stating an opinion based on never hearing the Outlaw.

True enough...but I've had NAD for almost 20 years...and It's been one of the finest audio purchases I ever made...(the other that stands out was a tiny pair of Braun speakers...jawdropping sound out of them, also for 20 years.)

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm mitigating my impatience by getting the 6.1 speaker system mounted and wires strung...I think the 1st movie is gonna be THX-1138, which I have never seen...
dave

#598 - 01/18/02 08:26 AM Re: NAD or Outlaw????
flyrod Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

[been told by several workers at audio stores that sell NAD that they're going downhill. Both the actual products and most of all they're QC(quality control). They are not the NAD of the 80s.

Could be. Thanks for the input! I'm just hoping the Outlaw IS the Outlaw of the 2002's!!!!

dave

#599 - 01/18/02 01:27 PM Re: NAD or Outlaw????
synthfreek Offline
Gunslinger

Flyrod...FANTASTIC MOVIE! If you guys want to check out the "whitest" movie of all time look into this Lucas freakout.

#600 - 01/20/02 10:33 PM Re: NAD or Outlaw????
rennocneb Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: terre haute, IN, USA
I have heard the outlaw just to clear that up and i still much prefer the NAD. There quality control is not a problem hoewever their amps are a little less gutsy than they were back in the good old Power Envolope days. But then again they are much smoother and warmer sounding now all in all just a flat awesome piece for the money.

#601 - 01/21/02 07:12 AM Re: NAD or Outlaw????
flyrod Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

[B]"I have heard the outlaw just to clear that up and i still much prefer the NAD."

Obviously you're an NAD fan, and so am I. I get the impression that the Outlaw engineers were trying to accomplish much the same thing with their products (put the money into the sound, and not the "looks," meanwhile trying to keep the costs down).

I ordered the unit last Wed...it's Monday and still no 1050. I guess I should be annoyed at UPS and not Outlaw, but I guess I got unrealistic expectations about getting the thing sooner (from reading all the "got it the next day!" posts.)

Note to all you Outlaw wannabes: It doesn't always arrive the next day.

"There quality control is not a problem hoewever their amps are a little less gutsy than they were back in the good old Power Envolope days. But then again they are much smoother and warmer sounding now all in all just a flat awesome piece for the money"

Again, thank you for your feedback...I am familiar with all that. I'm hoping the 1050 lives up to the quality I've lived with for 20 years.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 236 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM