Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#58114 - 02/24/06 02:52 PM Re: Still Undecided
psyprof1 Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA
Oops - it's Ritz who's getting the 375-watt amps. Sorry all for the confusion.

Hey Ritz, it might be interesting to drive one Maggie with the new Lyngdorf (after a suitable breakin period) and one with the old Outlaw, on mono material, using the 990's rather inconvenient remote channel balancing capability, and let us know what actual differences you hear. I realize this ignores any possible difference in stereo imaging, etc.

#58115 - 02/24/06 03:07 PM Re: Still Undecided
Ritz Offline
Desperado

Loc: NJ/Beijing
I did a head to head, but I think that is very subjective since I knew which one was connected at all times. I found the Lyngdorf did better justice to heavy plucked bass in a lot of jazz material I listen to. I also felt like I had a wider soundstage (if you can imagine that...since I agree with your comment about the fat sweet spot of the maggies).

After a few days, they needed the demo back and now I'm waiting for my unit to ship. That was the best listening experience I've had with my Maggies to date so I think it's going to be a good fit. It's not quite up there with a TACT pre/amp combination (with the corner loaded woofers), but I'll settle for now. 8-) I'm also thinking of getting a Velodyne/Outlaw SMS to dial in the bass a bit better.

Cheers,

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 312 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM