Anyone heard both that can comment? [/qb][/QUOTE]I don't think the new AVP-700 was made to compete with Outlaw, etc. I think it was made for the Arcam crowd that wanted a separate version of their high end receiver. Its supposed to be a hell of a deal, but I haven't had the opportunity to demo it.

The review you point to fails to mention that the AV8 has been replaced by the AV9. Which is supposedly a big thing over at Arcam. The AV8 won best processor awards from The Perfect Vision, Home Cinema, Hi-Fi Choice, TechTV, Hi-Fi News, Widescreen Review, and some others I'm sure that aren't listed in my 1 year old product guide.

They aren't cutting corners either that is normal. Its just one reason the AV9 will sound so much better than a 990 they just aren't built fairly enough to compare. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Not sure what your trying to say here. If the AVP-700 was not designed to compete with the 990, then who is their target? Are you saying the AVP-700 is that much better or worse?

Also, you still didn't address the single DAC issue. Appears to me the better processors, including the Arcam AV8, have individual DAC's for each channel. The AVP-700 does not, but it looks as though the 990 does. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with performance and this is why I was asking. But, seeing how the higher end processors seem to have individual DAC's, I think it probably does.

You said the link I provided fails to point out the AVR-8 has been replaced by the AVR-9? So what? I'm not trying to compare the 990 to either of these, I've been talking about the AVP-700. After all, it only double the price of the 990. :0)

If we have to use the AVP-8 or 9 to compare to the 990 there really is no comparison. If the 990 is even mentioned in the same breath, then the 990 is a clear winner.

Your final statement has me really confused. You mention all the awards the AVP-8 has won, but once again this is not the processor I was talking about. Then you reply to my questions about cutting corners, but once again, I was talking about the 700. I know the AVP-8 didn't cut corners, but look at what it sells for.

And, exactly why aren't they "built fairly enough to compare"?