Quote:
Originally posted by jmacari:
I also have the XLR cables (990/7500); they're stiff, but not really an issue for my setup. I would assume that the plastic jacket that the cable is enclosed in gives them their stiffness. They are well built (they look like they came out of a B-1 bomber).
As you stated, the 7500 is heavy-almost needed a chainfall and a come-along to get it into the rack.
I got a set 0.5M of Outlaw XLR cable two weeks ago. It turns out these cables are a little too short for my current setup. I called Outlaw and tried to exchange for a longer set. She told me that they don’t accept return on cable and asked me to leave my phone number for them to call back on the exchange. No one from Outlaw call back frown

Anyway, back to the outlaw XLR cable. I am very surprise how stiff they are. I believe the outer jacket makew it stiff not the signal cable inside. I bought some high end XLR connectors + high shielded cable and make myself a set that a lot more flexible. They look and work well on my setup. I have worked for a well known high tech cable company for 13 years so making these assembly is not a big problem for me laugh