Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#57501 - 01/31/06 08:56 PM i think this 990 is exactly what i need?
vgrooves Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: taos, nm
hello outlaws and co-conspirators!

on this system i am running a rotel 1066 - 7.1 with powered reference monitors - 4 mackie 824's, 2 project studio's, 1 mackie 626 center (i am hoping to get some tannoys or genelecs soon?) and an rel sub.

the studio monitors take xlr so i am running the rca's through 2 quad direct boxes (rca's to 1/4 inch to xlr's).

i still use a turntable and vinyl frequently so i have to run that through a phono preamp.

and i would like to run dvi as i am upgrading my satellite to hd tomorrow and have an oppo in the mail - i also use my pc on my tv quite often and have been converting my video card from dvi to vga - i have been using a large pioneer plasma w/o dvi but just got a projector that has dvi inputs so i am looking forward to trying out the dvi connection option.

3 HUGE reasons to get a 990 right there...

my only wish it seems is for 3 dvi inputs as i will be needing a splittler now (dvd, hd AND pc - probably awhile before tv and pc can be one) other than that the 990 is perfect - PERFECT!

any comments, incentives, advice, remarks, insults or feedback would be welcome and appreciated...

i have bunches of a/v equipment and a few systems - more than i can remember but this system is roughly:

4 makie 824's
2 project studio monitors
1 center mackie 626
powered rel strata III sub
rotel 1066
infocus 4805
rotel cd player
sony dvd
creative audigy 2
b/o turntable
lots of different cables

on another note - i like to try out different things and have been doing alot of recording over the years so i have picked up and tried out lots of cool gear. anyway i have a pair of thiel 3.5's and do not have a proper sounding amp to run them through at the moment and was curious if anybody has heard these speakers through any of these outlaw amps and what feedback i might get on that? they are incredible speakers and i hate that i am not using them with the proper amp. over the years i have had and heard a few different amps that sounded excellent with them (cj, ml and classe) but right now only have an adcom and while it is a great cheap amp it is DEFINATELY not for these speakers. again any feedback would be great.

#57502 - 02/01/06 02:38 AM Re: i think this 990 is exactly what i need?
Landon Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Austin, TX
this may be a little nearsighted, can you run hd inputs through a card in the pc? Not selectable from a remote, but seems better to select an input with a switch rather than split an output...

Who's Online
0 registered (), 213 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM