In light of the fact I don't see a way to edit my message here, I'll post a thread under my own message saying that I should have read more before posting this lengthy message... Apparently a lot of users if not all are having the same/similar problems with bass management on analog sources. The menu glitch I posted an image of is probably just that, a glitch similar to the work-around people found by going one direction to an item yet not another working. I suppose the solution to all this for some is to simply use all digital audio inputs, I've not tried it yet from my cd player but it does have an optical output so I'll give that a go, hopefully it'll resolve some of these problems.

The discussions were interesting, it's a shame some people got upset, angered or offended. My take is that nobody is right or wrong but we all have differnt opinions on how things should be handled. Outlaw seems to be frustrated by this problem and of course working on it. Perhaps some of this frustration came through in thier posts as unsympathetic or abrasive to customers, hard to say. Consumers on the other hand seem to fall into two camps, one that says an 1100 dollar product is cheap for what you're getting here, expect a few bugs at this price point and wait for a fix. Other owners/potential buyers simply feel that $1100 is a lot to pay for anything that isn't right with no guaranteed fix and no guaranteed timeframe for this fix.

I'm not sure where I stand on this, yes $1100 isn't small change for me but at the same time, the product has a lot of redeeming qualities and I can't think of anything better to replace it with. I also love the fact there is technical support that isn't hiding and also allows an open forum such as this, had I read this forum before purchasing I may have waited a bit until they came up with a solution, now that I have a unit I'm going to at least wait awhile for a fix, if one doesn't come out before my 30 day money back I'm not sure of what I'll decide on. For me the composite to component transcoding quality is a larger problem, it's something that I think may not be fixable with software on my unit.

Thanks for reading,

Rob W