Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#57297 - 01/18/06 03:32 PM Feature Request: More Virtual Inputs
David Delbridge Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Hi all,

I'm integrating my new 990 into a theater with multiple monitors (TV and projector) and am wondering why more video and audio inputs couldn't be provided by this beast? I mean, the 990 is blissfully free of prefab input select buttons (thank goodness, they're entirely virtual), so why limit the myriad video and audio hardware ports to a mere five combinations?

For example, my home theater setup would benefit from eight video input selections:

1: DVD S-video to TV
2: LD composite to TV/PROJECTOR
3: DSS S-video to TV
4: PC S-video to TV
5: XBOX S-video to TV/PROJECTOR
6: DVD component to PROJECTOR
7: DSS component to PROJECTOR
8: PC component to PROJECTOR

The 990 provides ALL of the necessary inputs (and then some) to accept these eight sources (five devices) concurrently. However, with only five virtual video inputs, I must write automation scripts (AMX/Panja) to navigate through the menus and swap inputs for DVD, DSS and PC on the fly. This is not easy, being that the source selections cannot be chosen discreetly; their states must be tracked.

Oh, but life would be so, so, very much easier if only we had eight (sixteen? twenty-four?) discreet video inputs. And why not? It's just software, right?

Thank you!

Dave

#57298 - 01/18/06 11:16 PM Re: Feature Request: More Virtual Inputs
unpossible Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Minneapolis
I agree with your sentiment David. I just left a response in the similar discussion in the thread re Video-assigning the audio inputs; maybe I should have read this first.
Not a perfect workaround (and still not enough), but I believe in the mean time you can get one more usable video input by assigning the front V input (any of the component inputs and any of the digital audio inputs can be assigned to it) to get the total to 6, and you can get one more again to get the total to 7 if you use the 7.1 input.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 166 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ 06/25/24 03:13 AM