Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#57000 - 01/02/06 05:01 PM Re: video switching issue
Relentless Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chicago,IL
my HD box is about a year and a half old and directly from directv with no other brand name on it.i am using an analog tivo and a seperate HD box.i am planning on just going with a new HD tivo now that the format is changing.hopefully the new box will not have the same problem.

i will call directv to see what they say about a fix for the box i currently have, but i havent had much luck when i call them with technical problems that arent very common to them.

#57001 - 01/02/06 05:44 PM Re: video switching issue
Relentless Offline
Gunslinger

AARRRRRRRG .... well i just got off of the phone with directv and as i expected due to prior experiance with there tec department is that if resetting the unit dosent fix it then it is not there equiptments fault and they are unable to help.to top it off the new version of tivo will not offer local hd channels in my area for another 6 months so i have to wait on that.
they keep telling me i am recognised as one of there greatest customers(probably due to the amount of money i spend each month) but alot of good that does me.

#57002 - 01/02/06 06:37 PM Re: video switching issue
Paratrooper Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Conyers,GA,USA
My Sony 60" LCD projection TV has two HDMI inputs, therefore I do not use the video swithching in my 990. Directv H10 sat receiver is HDMI to HDMI and Oppo is DVI to HDMI cable. My only complaint with the H10 is that the Guide get hosed sometimes and a reset is necessary to fix the problem. I have compared HDMI to Component cabling and found to my and my families eyes that HDMI is far superior to component. laugh

#57003 - 01/02/06 09:21 PM Re: video switching issue
Relentless Offline
Gunslinger

I have come across the guide problem a few times myself.it will stop replenishing itself then after a few weeks it sais somthing like "to be announced" on all of the lines.the first two times all it needed was a reset but the last time it happened was because the H10 had locked and when i reset it the zip code reset also.tech did manage to figure that one out for me...so i will give them that.since there is no problem with the Denon and others have come across this problem with cable boxes i am going to assume because i have only one DVI input on my tv and i am going to wait out the format change to purchase a new television i am going to have to keep the 990 in the mix for now and just have to deal with the inconvience for the time being if i want to continue to use the DVI outputs.

thanks all for the input and i appreciate any other suggestions.

#57004 - 01/04/06 10:02 PM Re: video switching issue
jeffdavis Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Columbia, SC
I just purchased a DirecTV HR10-250 HD PVR and have it going into my 990 DVI 2 input using an HDMI-DVI cable, and an Oppo Digital OPDV971H DVD player plugged into the DVI 1 input of my 990. The DVI output from the 990 goes to a Sony VPL-HS20 front projector. I have no issues sending an HD signal, actually 720p, from either of these devices through the 990. I can switch between them, or back and forth into standard def with no video problems. It all just seems to be working properly.

The only issue that I have using the video switching in the 990 is when there is a signal coming in from a source on either an S-Video or composite cable. When the 990 upconverts this to output it through the component video, the colors get washed out. I have tried three different input devices, multiple cable variations, and even two different display devices, a 36" Sony CRT SD and the Sony HD projector. The picture always ends up washed out. I don't think that there is an issue with a component input signal having its color washed out when the signal leaves the 990. But since I purchased the DTV HR10-250, the only composite in is from a very seldom used VCR, so it is less of an issue.

Jeff
LR: ARC Reference 1 | Emotiva XPR-2 | Music Hall MMF2.2 | Oppo BDP-83SE | Polk XRt12 XM Receiver | Emotiva XDA-1 DAC | Sony HAP-S1 (digital audio player) | Sansui TU-217 Tuner | Magnepan 3.6R w/Mye-Stands | SVS SB-16 sub | BA VR-M90s | Audio Quest 72db speaker cable
Office: Drobo 5N running as PLEX media server
Closet: too many pieces to put all into place, I need more rooms smile

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 268 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM