Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#56986 - 01/01/06 01:29 PM No picture, no menu
Lonster Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Eureka CA.
Hi Gang. Happy New Year.
I spent last night with no electricity because of severe storms my area (Eureka, CA.)
This morning, with power back on, I set to checking that all my electronics were operating correctly. I had to do a 'reset' on my 990 as it was non responsive (tho, it did power up).
Keeping in mind that I did NOT change any input/outputs, and only unpluged my entire system during the storm (via the Monster HTS3500), my situation is this; Power and control to all devices, TV fully functional including menus, 990 in fresh reset state with radio station on front panel. I cannot get the 990 menu to come up on the TV, so I cannot get the sources setup. I had audio before the reset.

Feel free to ask any other questions that come to mind, and I will keep trying to get something to work.
Thanks in advance,
Lonster

#56987 - 01/01/06 06:25 PM Re: No picture, no menu
harp795 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Louisville, KY
Are you hearing a "click" sound coming from inside the 990 when you enter the menu? Mine always clicks when I engage the menu

I know you said you hadn't changed any connections but it might be worth a try to double check whatever cable(s) (component, SVHS, etc..)you have connecting the 990 to the TV.

#56988 - 01/01/06 06:26 PM Re: No picture, no menu
Lonster Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Eureka CA.
Well, the good news is I found the problem, non-Outlaw related. 2 of the inputs on my TV went out. Component and A/V4. This has happened once before and Mitsubishi replaced the faulty input board as a warranty issue. I will have to remember to test the inputs by swapping them to alternate inputs for diagnostic purposes.
Of course, since I reset the 990, I had to go thru and re-input all my audio and video sources. Good thing I took notes in my manual.
All is normal on the home front now.
Lonster

#56989 - 01/01/06 06:29 PM Re: No picture, no menu
harp795 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Louisville, KY
Good to hear!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 173 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
caffeinated, WooWho, Ali, garyedward, jamescuz
8713 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,713 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ 06/25/24 03:13 AM