Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#56952 - 12/27/05 03:37 PM Lip-sync problems?
Bajahammer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Denver Colorado
Hello, this is my first post. I have the 990/7125 combo and LOVE it!!! I am however, having an issue with the lip-sync function. I have tried to search the site and have not been able to find a solution to my question. I have tried the lip-sync function in the menu and on the remote and neither seem to help. Per the manual, "lip-sync" should appear on my screen and alloy me to adjust it, this is not working? I would appreciate and help or ideas. Thanks in advance.

Oh- The 990 is hooked up via component to my Panny AE700U projector, if this helps.

#56953 - 12/27/05 04:03 PM Re: Lip-sync problems?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The lip-sync setting only appears onscreen when using s-video or composite video sources (the only options that allow the menus to overlay the incoming video) - switching of component video inputs does not allow OSD to be layered on top of the video signal. Several of us (myself included) have suggested to Outlaw that the "lip sync" button on the remote bring up the current input's lip sync setting on the 990's front panel, which I believe was at one point being evaluated for inclusion in the software patch that is being worked on for the 990 (don't know if it'll make the cut, but I hope so). In the meanwhile, enter the main menu (which is available via component, although it completely replaces the source video signal), select the source that is giving you trouble from the "input menu" section, and adjust the lip sync delay for that input there. You'll have to hop in and out of the main menu, but once you get it dialed in you won't need to change it. I'd recommend starting your adjustment with at least 20ms or 30ms of delay.

#56954 - 12/27/05 04:33 PM Re: Lip-sync problems?
Bajahammer Offline
Gunslinger

Thanks Gonk. I was afraid that was the only way I would be able to adjust it, it was just taking soooo long. I will take your advice and start at 20 or so. Overall, I have been very happy with this combo.

I agree, that would be a nice option for Outlaw to include in the next upgrade, sure would make things easier.

#56955 - 12/28/05 09:51 AM Re: Lip-sync problems?
Bajahammer Offline
Gunslinger

I attempted again last night to adjust my lip-sync via the menu as Gonk suggested and was again unable t get it set. Any other suggestions before I contact Outlaw support?

My Dennon DVD 2910 is hooked up with a coax and optical, could it be a DVD problem?

#56956 - 12/30/05 05:18 PM Re: Lip-sync problems?
bigal Offline
Gunslinger

I would like to point out that lip sync is the only function on the remote that is not displayed on the front panel of the 990 when it is being adjusted. I use HDTV in DVI and there is no way to see what is going on with the lip sync in this configuration. I think they need lots of feedback to include this in the software fix.

#56957 - 12/31/05 11:56 AM Re: Lip-sync problems?
Bajahammer Offline
Gunslinger

Figured it out. It was not a lip sync issue afterall, i needed to restart the 990 per the instructions in the manual. After restarting, there were no issues.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 184 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
caffeinated, WooWho, Ali, garyedward, jamescuz
8713 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,713 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ 06/25/24 03:13 AM