Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#56857 - 12/19/05 11:53 PM 990 with Harmony 880 Issues
Inpulse329 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Hello,

Just got my 990 set up with the Harmony 880 remote. I have my cable box running through Component 1 and my DVD through DVD-Component. Whenever I turn the system on, it switches to Component 1, even if I am turning the system on to watch a DVD. Once the system is on, as soon as I hit watch DVD again, the input switches to DVD. I have played with timings to no avail. Seems strange as it even starts up on Component 1 after I have shut down with DVD still selected.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Thank you.

#56858 - 12/19/05 11:59 PM Re: 990 with Harmony 880 Issues
AudioBear Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Champaign, IL
Have you tried pressing HELP instead of DVD? If help fixes the problem you can logon and troubleshoot by answering the question about whether the remote fixes the problem. If you answer that yes then download a new configuration, it will be fixed. At least it fixed mine.....

#56859 - 12/20/05 08:30 AM Re: 990 with Harmony 880 Issues
Doug917 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Shawnee, KS
I have this issue as well. I have adjusted my Harmony 676 remote so it defaults to the "DVD" input when I turn it on. However, when I want to listen to CDs it still defaults to the "DVD" input. I need to call Logitech and they will work it out for me. I suggest you do the same. I have issues in the past where I did not want a power on signal sent to my projector as I turn it on manually and do not let it run all the time. I called them and they adjusted the configuration accordingly. I have just been lazy on calling them to help me with the 990.

#56860 - 02/24/07 07:57 PM Re: 990 with Harmony 880 Issues
wes18 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I have the same problem. I've tried programming additional "InputDVD" commands within the Harmony for "Watch DVD" but to no avail. Only occurs when unit powers up for the first time. Work around is to hit "Watch DVD" again and all is fine. Has anyone figured out how to make it work the first time?

#56861 - 02/25/07 12:31 AM Re: 990 with Harmony 880 Issues
jrlouie Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Missouri
I had the same issue quite some time back. After troubleshooting a lot, Harmony customer support gave me the info that their code for starting the 990 regardless of your activity is to start it with Video1, then based on your activity they send a secondary signal. The issue for me was that the secondary signal was getting mixed up with other various signals being sent when trying to power on other components. Actually, probably the other signals being sent out were actually occupying the 990 and preventing it from seeing the secondary signal.
I really wish they would've just programed the 880 to exactly match the original 990's remote.
The only solution I found was with the power on delays and such. It took quite a bit of trial and error. I think changing the delays on my other components is what eventually got it to work for me. That way the 880 wasn't sending out various signals to other components until the 990 had a chance to get started up.
Hope that helps. I know, it's annoying. Plus, tier 1 support at Harmony was next to no help but eventually I was passed up the line to tier 2 support and they were actually very helpful.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 174 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ 06/25/24 03:13 AM