Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#56778 - 12/16/05 11:35 AM Re: Anyone have issues with the 990 properly locking onto the surround format?
old_school Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Hmmm...last night I was watching a DVD and then, when I switched to my Audiotron DAR (TOSLINK into the 990) to listen to some music, the left channel was 100% absent. Turning the unit on and off did not fix the problem. Somewhow...I managed to get the left channel working again. Some details - the DAR is set up (in the 990) to default to 2-channel mode (I may toggle occasionally between bypass, stereo, and upsample) and I made no changes. This has never happened before. What gives?

Here's another oddity...

When I switched on the tuner, the left channel was present...so it's logical that this is a digital-domain issue.

Hmm...sounds like a software update is needed... Who agrees with me? has anyone seen anything about a software update? Seems that the 970 already has received an update (available on the site). Where's the 990's update?

Mark

Seems li

#56779 - 12/16/05 03:41 PM Re: Anyone have issues with the 990 properly locking onto the surround format?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Outlaw has confirmed that they are working on a firmware update to address an assortment of items (both bugs and potentially some interface improvements). The 1070 does have a firmware update, which appears to have been an offshoot of the 970 development.

#56780 - 12/17/05 12:18 AM Re: Anyone have issues with the 990 properly locking onto the surround format?
Doug917 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Shawnee, KS
I had jester7677's issue tonight as well. I was listening to 2-channel music (I have totally shifted my ratio of movies 95% music 5% to more like 50/50 now due to the excellent 2-channel performance of the unit. Every time I pop in a CD from my collection, it is like hearing something for the first time with the details I never knew were there. I think my wife is under the impression I am going through a mid-life crisis or something and trying to recapture my youth through loud music, but I just can't get over the performance of this unit). When I switched to a movie in the same DVD player and started watching the THX trailer at the beginning of Toy Story 2 I had all channels but left and right which surprised me as I thought I would still be in Upsample mode if anything. After hitting the Dolby button on the remote, the R/L channels came right back. Minor issue in my opinion, but you would think it is also easily fixable via an update.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 471 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ Today at 03:13 AM