Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#56778 - 12/16/05 11:35 AM Re: Anyone have issues with the 990 properly locking onto the surround format?
old_school Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Hmmm...last night I was watching a DVD and then, when I switched to my Audiotron DAR (TOSLINK into the 990) to listen to some music, the left channel was 100% absent. Turning the unit on and off did not fix the problem. Somewhow...I managed to get the left channel working again. Some details - the DAR is set up (in the 990) to default to 2-channel mode (I may toggle occasionally between bypass, stereo, and upsample) and I made no changes. This has never happened before. What gives?

Here's another oddity...

When I switched on the tuner, the left channel was present...so it's logical that this is a digital-domain issue.

Hmm...sounds like a software update is needed... Who agrees with me? has anyone seen anything about a software update? Seems that the 970 already has received an update (available on the site). Where's the 990's update?

Mark

Seems li

#56779 - 12/16/05 03:41 PM Re: Anyone have issues with the 990 properly locking onto the surround format?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Outlaw has confirmed that they are working on a firmware update to address an assortment of items (both bugs and potentially some interface improvements). The 1070 does have a firmware update, which appears to have been an offshoot of the 970 development.

#56780 - 12/17/05 12:18 AM Re: Anyone have issues with the 990 properly locking onto the surround format?
Doug917 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Shawnee, KS
I had jester7677's issue tonight as well. I was listening to 2-channel music (I have totally shifted my ratio of movies 95% music 5% to more like 50/50 now due to the excellent 2-channel performance of the unit. Every time I pop in a CD from my collection, it is like hearing something for the first time with the details I never knew were there. I think my wife is under the impression I am going through a mid-life crisis or something and trying to recapture my youth through loud music, but I just can't get over the performance of this unit). When I switched to a movie in the same DVD player and started watching the THX trailer at the beginning of Toy Story 2 I had all channels but left and right which surprised me as I thought I would still be in Upsample mode if anything. After hitting the Dolby button on the remote, the R/L channels came right back. Minor issue in my opinion, but you would think it is also easily fixable via an update.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 274 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM