Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#56695 - 12/07/05 10:34 PM Re: 990 Vs Anthem AVM 30
Juan Cortez Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Thanks for the replies

I think I might just end up going with the 990. Much better solution overall. One thing that I read (not sure if its true or not) but I read that most of the movie studios are starting to back out of Blue Ray and HD DVD because they really only want a signal solution like the current DVD format. If this is true than either both formats will die quickly or become an add-on like SACD and DVD-A. I think that I will still be wating it out abit to see what goes on. But really I could just use the 7.1 inputs on the 990. Overall if both formats do become a standard than I think Im gonna wait until there is a universal player out that has both, might take a while but Im sure someone will try it, I heard that Samsung is actually trying it out now. So its gonna a be a big surprise for the future wink

Thanks again

Jay

#56696 - 12/07/05 11:26 PM Re: 990 Vs Anthem AVM 30
AudioBear Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Champaign, IL
Good choice. You will be amazed at how the low price of the 990 makes you underestimate what you will be getting.

You are right Juan, Samsung has announced that they will produce a dual format machine very soon. The studios are going in every direction on this but while they would prefer one format, they are divided over which format. Some back one and some back the other but recently some said they release in both formats. Retailers want one format, but dual disk machines will solve their problems too. If Samsung does produce a dual disk machine then the challenge remains if they can sell enough of the higher price disks for the format to survive. I'll still be waiting a while too before I buy one.

Some day Outlaw will offer a processor as a successor to the 990 with single digital connection. We can all buy one then.

#56697 - 12/08/05 07:38 AM Re: 990 Vs Anthem AVM 30
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
At this point, seven of the eight studios are supporting Blu-ray and four of the eight are supporting HD-DVD (which means that three are backing both). As for how aggressive support for the two formats will be when it comes down to releasing software, I still haven't seen anything particularly solid.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
0 registered (), 317 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
REP, caffeinated, WooWho, Ali, garyedward
8714 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Veeper 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,714 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,330 Topics
98,700 Posts