Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#56598 - 12/03/05 10:44 AM duel subs
gammonall Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Windsor, Ca.
All right question no. 2. I recently purchased 2 velodyne digital 1000 watt 8" subs with the room eq and remote. I know not Outlaw but local stereo store, good guys going out of business and they were 50% off. Question is when I do the room E.Q. for subs (it has a mike setup as well) and then do the E.Q. with the 990 do they cross each other out? With the two subs does the 990 set up each sub separately i.e. volume, for the sweet spot, seems like that part is off as one seems to play quite a bit louder. Plus I have performed the 990 room setup several times and it always makes my fronts and center small. I can see on the sides but the fronts are Vienna Acoustics, Beethoven - good full range speaker, not a big deal as I change them back but wonder why it always sets to small?

Overall quite happy with the 990, sound is great features work as advertised (except for earlier post)and value for the dollar great.

I had the Sherwood Newcastle 9080 prepro and amp. Which brings me to another question? I would like to use the Sherwood amp for the seven channel setup and it had a trigger off of the prepro which does not seem to work off of the 990, perhaps not 12v any workarounds that anybody knows of?

#56599 - 12/03/05 12:33 PM Re: duel subs
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The 990 doesn't do EQ - the auto setup adjusts volume levels only. Also, the 990 has a mono sub output (the two outputs are identical) so the level at the 990 is identical for both. You'll have to adjust the gain on each sub's amp to get the two matched up.

The 990 will probably set any speaker to small if it can't get down to 20Hz - your Beethovens only go about 2Hz lower than my Studio60's (28Hz vs 30Hz), but I have run my Studio60's small for a number of years now (currently using a 60Hz crossover, in fact). You can always set them to large manually and see which you prefer.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 317 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
REP, caffeinated, WooWho, Ali, garyedward
8714 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Veeper 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,714 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,330 Topics
98,700 Posts