Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#56512 - 01/13/06 11:12 AM Re: Bugs found, Please help confirm, isolate
Scott Offline
Desperado

Hello TheNetGuy,

I guess I don't understand the reason for your post here. In our off-board discussion several days ago I offered at your request to confirm any bugs or anomalies that you felt had been left unanswered. Instead of listing those bugs you are still concerned about, you chose to post here that we weren't providing you with enough of the answers you wanted.

The implication in your post is that we do not care or are in some way attempting to sweep these issues under the carpet and quite frankly I find that offensive. As I stated previously, we are working with Etronics to solve these anomalies and we will not rush a fix out prematurely simply because you are not satisfied. We will offer the software update as quickly as possible, but NOT at the expense of getting it right.

Scott

#56513 - 01/13/06 12:57 PM Re: Bugs found, Please help confirm, isolate
TheNetGuy Offline
Gunslinger

Once again scott you do not understand.

The bugs are at the begining of this post. the first message of this thread.

You have never answered the initial bugs.
You have not confirmed Any bugs in this thread.

Even Gonk and others have asked for a confirmation to the issues.

You said in your last post
"we are working with Etronics to solve these anomalies "

WHAT anomolies are you refferring to.

Can you please list those 'anomolies' that you are refferring to?

#56514 - 01/13/06 12:59 PM Re: Bugs found, Please help confirm, isolate
TheNetGuy Offline
Gunslinger

#56515 - 01/13/06 01:14 PM Re: Bugs found, Please help confirm, isolate
blaineh Offline
Gunslinger

I have the 990, 950, 755, and 2 ICBMs.
In addition, I bought the australian made DEQX, direct from the factory. I knew that customs would be a issue with the product, should it fail, but I was willing to take that chance as I knew there is no other product like it (sort of like the other outlaw products)
I personally am disappointed about not seeing the siganl type (PCM, DD, DTS) on the display, as well as number of channels on the signal, like the 950 has. I don't like that I can't see the current mode, and that it won't retain a default setting if the stream type of data changes. Oh, the bass managment as well... (but I have external BM) However, I can't force the outlaws to change anything on my timeline. In fact, most companys won't change anything; their product is thier product, take it or leave it! Nevermind hosting a site where people can see issues with it's behaviour... If the sound hadn't been significantly improved over the 950, I would have returned it till/if the issues were resolved. However, I know the bass managment with the 950 was not resolved (double bass)but that didn't bother me too much (as the product is the product)but the noise issue was. The 990 has been promised a fix, and I beive the outlaws will deliver! I know my DEQX has had numerous software updates in beta, before being made mainstream (but it took a year of betas)Point is, these are great guys, and I will support them in this.

#56516 - 01/13/06 02:13 PM Re: Bugs found, Please help confirm, isolate
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
TheNetGuy - I'm going to quote just your bugs from your first post, all of which were noted only when mains were set to LARGE (you reported that you found no odd behavior with speakers set to SMALL).

Quote:
1. Bass frequencies level increase inverse to X-over setting when set FRONTS to LARGE and Sub Set to NONE
2. When in stereo mode, The sub output is always Full range when fronts set to LARGE and Sub set to L/R +sub.
3. Bass not redirecting to sub when fronts set to LARGE and sub set to L/R + sub
In Scott's defense, he replied to your post ]almost immediately with comments specifically addressing each of the three main items as well as a request to contact Outlaw directly to review your configuration with them. It's been a while since that post and I don't know what correspondence you have had with Outlaw since then, but it sounds like at least some of the problems you have been having may not be due to bugs in the 990 design.

#56517 - 01/13/06 02:32 PM Re: Bugs found, Please help confirm, isolate
The Capt Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Wisconsin
Gonk,

Not slamming here, but I think you might be mistaken about the problem occuring W/small speaker settings. From Netguy's post above:

Quote:
Front Speaker setting SMALL
Sub = YES
X-over settings for FRONT L/R = 40
Front speaker = 40Hz +
SUB = Full Frequency (volcals easiy heard)
X-over settings for FRONT L/R = 80
Front speaker = 80HZ
X-over settings for FRONT L/R = 200
Front speaker = 200Hz +
NOTE Sub is always Full frequency no matter the X-over settings
Is this correct?
This is EXACTLY the problem I am having.
Pioneer DV578A (SACD,DVD-A)
Monster HT3500MKII
X Box, Samsung HLN-4667W
Energy C-9 (mains)
Energy C-C1 (center)
Proficient C645 (surr)
Hsu VTF2MKII Sub

#56518 - 01/13/06 03:01 PM Re: Bugs found, Please help confirm, isolate
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I was repeating one of the first comments in NetGuy's first post - at that time, he indicated that the problems he was encountering were all related to large speakers. Life has kept me from running significant tests of my 990's bass management this last month or so and my day-to-day setup (all speakers small, sub on, digital inputs with the exception of the occasionally-used 5.1 analog from my universal player) is one that I have encountered no problems with, so I can currently not contribute first-hand experience with the issues being evaluated.

#56519 - 01/13/06 05:22 PM Re: Bugs found, Please help confirm, isolate
DPA Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Colorado Springs
Just want to confirm. I recently bought a 990/7125 combo and I'm having the same issues above as Netguy and Capt as well as some of the issues Netguy originally listed.

#56520 - 01/14/06 01:19 AM Re: Bugs found, Please help confirm, isolate
TheNetGuy Offline
Gunslinger

Good news everyone, I got in contact with scott directely and after a big battle royal (lots of carnage and blood all over the place) we both agreed that it would be best to try to solve the issues instead of trying to resolve who pissed whom off the most about stuff.

Anyhow This is what i got.
1. Bass frequencies level increase inverse to X-over setting when set FRONTS to LARGE and Sub Set to NONE

Known issue, reproducable and they are working on it.

This is tied into the 'direction of toggle of the sub settings'. (as stated earliy by another poster)

2. When in stereo mode, The sub output is always Full range when fronts set to LARGE and Sub set to L/R +sub.

known, reproduceable (in analog mode) and an explaination that differnt people want differnt options for their full range modes. And they are working on a way that will hopefully work with everyone needs.

3. Bass not redirecting to sub when fronts set to LARGE and sub set to L/R + sub

Not reproducable on their end

WE did some tests and My unit IS consistant, No output in the Sub with either dd 2.0 or dd 5.1.

Scott will do further testing matching my methologies to try to see it it does it on any of his units. Hopefully there is an issues wtith many machines, (so i dont ahve to send a unit back), and thus hopefully a fix for this will be in the works with the patch.

He is aware of my serious concerns about the timely release of a patch, and he reassured me that a patch is close. less then 6 months.

I Also expressed that i would like to see a formal confirmation on the bug rather than a general blanket statement that 'they are working on it' I am not sure if this is because of liablilities, or the concern that they dont want to promise too much before it happens. IMHO it is a bad move if they are actually reliable and helpful as everyone says.

Anyhow this is the update. And hopefully i get the results of the Bug 3 above asap.

#56521 - 01/17/06 10:32 PM Re: Bugs found, Please help confirm, isolate
TheNetGuy Offline
Gunslinger

UPDATE Regarding BUG 3.

It does appear that this bug is confirmed as well,

Thus I dont have to worry about having a DOA,

And will be waiting for confirmation that this will be fixed in the upcomming patch. It this feature is in the patch. Then i will keep the unit and wait for a patch.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 449 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ Today at 03:13 AM