Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#56492 - 11/27/05 12:31 PM Re: Bugs found, Please help confirm, isolate
Eric A Offline
Gunslinger

Q) When you go from 40-200HZ the bass level Should go up, (in the subwoofer that is) That is a sign of a working system.
A) Yes, and that's the opposite of what I was trying to say. Forget the sub, the bass increases in the mains rolling over from 200 to 40 when set to L/R+Sub. This increase can then be defeated by simply selecting the next higher freq. then returning to 40hz.

The bad news, I had something else set different and can not currently reproduce this issue.

Below comments apply only when mains = LARGE. I didn't try SMALL.

I did try setting the sub = none, and the sub still played. It acts something like the L+R/Sub mode. I could easily tell as I increased the cross over, that higher freqs were making their way to the sub. The sub didn't get louder, it played a wider freq. range as the cross over freq. was increased. The mains worked as expected with no response changes.

That is not what you found. But ---

The good news, I figured out you missed a step in reproducing your issue, and there is a way to make it work correctly if your are only running mains. The sub still gets a signal like I described above.

What I found that's critically important to reproduce your issue is how you select sub=none. IF YOU MOVE FROM L/R+Sub mode TO none, your issue occurs. If you you move from LFE ONLY to NONE your issue does not occur.

My theory is, if you move from LFE ONLY to NONE your problem will go away. But, the sub will still get a signal.

I think what is happening is that the L+R signal that should be going to the sub, is incorrectly routed to the mains when moving from L/R+Sub to none.

I would guess the signal was supposed to get turned off. But, it's not - hence the sub output working when set to none, and/or the "remixing" depending upon the last sub-setting selected prior to NONE.

I must say I am happy with the 990. It's got a great sound, and the noise floor is extreamly low.

Hope that helps...

#56493 - 11/27/05 08:00 PM Re: Bugs found, Please help confirm, isolate
TheNetGuy Offline
Gunslinger

Good catch.

I verified your findings, and perhaps found the reason why.

When toggling through the sub options i noticed:

that pressing the remote LEft button toggles from none - L/R + sub - LFE -none

Heres the bug
go from LFE-> NONE, THEN press the Right arrow button and it jumps to L/R + sub.

IT SHOULD goto LFE before toggling to L/R +sub. Perhaps this issues 'confuses' the unit. Definitely a confirmed bug.

I got my hopes up, and that it would solve the No bass redirection in L/R + sub, But alas, like you said, it did not help.

Also a note I tried from LFE - none ,and it did fix the Fronts double bass issue, But i did Not have any output to the sub. I am running is Stereo Mode, and all speakers set to large. (Digital Signal used)

Perhaps you still got redirection to the sub from a 'small' speakers setting. PERhaps to do with the bug i found that when in stereo (Sub = LFE Only test above in digital) , and the Sides surr set to SMALL that there was bass injected into the system. (even though it should be STEREO/ or BYPASS)

#56494 - 12/01/05 02:03 AM Re: Bugs found, Please help confirm, isolate
bigal Offline
Gunslinger

I reported this bug on the LARGE and sub when I got my unit, which was in the first shipment, pre ordered etc. I am presently waiting for a fix that they say they are working on. It has been so long I can't even remember the details but I can remember this. The issue is one of double bass, low frequencies going to both the sub and the fronts. There are some modes where the bug is influenced by the surround mode. Works OK in 7 channel but not in 5 channel. Definatley a bug and as I understand it, they are working on it. You can look for my old posts for the details.

#56495 - 12/05/05 05:48 PM Re: Bugs found, Please help confirm, isolate
Eric A Offline
Gunslinger

Any word on this from Outlaw support, perhaps a comittment to fix it ? I am sure the many owners and potential new customers will be impressed to see the 5 star support at work.

#56496 - 12/05/05 07:27 PM Re: Bugs found, Please help confirm, isolate
Scott Offline
Desperado

Yes, Eric we are looking at all of the issues brought up by TheNetGuy and are taking this very seriously. Hang in there as answers are coming.

#56497 - 12/11/05 11:34 PM Re: Bugs found, Please help confirm, isolate
TheNetGuy Offline
Gunslinger

Still have not got any confirmations, Outlaw has extended my 'trail' period for 1 more month. A nice gesture And reinforces Outlaws commitment towards keeping customers happy.

They say they are working on it, and i hope to get a confirmation/denial of the issues ASAP.

Once we get the list, then we can work on the solutions.

#56498 - 12/12/05 07:32 AM Re: Bugs found, Please help confirm, isolate
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Nice of them to extend your trial period - suggests that they are working on answer and/or a firmware update.

#56499 - 12/12/05 10:53 AM Re: Bugs found, Please help confirm, isolate
Ritz Offline
Desperado

Loc: NJ/Beijing
People have been talking about this firmware update for quite some time. I bought my 990 back in June and there was already some discussion about firmware updates. It's now December and no update has materialised (yet). 8-)

Cheers,

#56500 - 12/12/05 06:16 PM Re: Bugs found, Please help confirm, isolate
santa Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Oakley, Ca.
Hi,
As a potential new customer I am intesested in seeing how this pans out. The flexibility afforded by the 990's bass management system is one of the main points of interest for me.
Any updates?
Santa

#56501 - 12/17/05 09:09 PM Re: Bugs found, Please help confirm, isolate
bigal Offline
Gunslinger

For what it is worth here is where I am at on my 990
1) It is buggy, particurally in the bass management.
2) They are working on it and will come out with a software update eventually.
3) If you set the unit up so that it doesn't activate the bugs, it soulds fantastic. (ie. Set the fronts to small with a low crossover and use manual calibration with an external meeter, particurally if you have a Sunfire sub)

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 433 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ Today at 03:13 AM