Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#56342 - 10/25/05 10:20 AM Re: gonna buy a outlaw 990 and 770 amp but one ?
gband Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Central NJ
Interesting topic line. I actually own an Audi, a 990 and design consumer electronics. I can't speak for Outlaw but from my own experience the basic "chassis", be it a car, or preamp, or a medical device for home use, can be a common platform of hardware and software. Then additional hardware gets added, changed or removed, and software gets added changed or removed. Much the same with cars or PC's. So while the fundamentals are the same, the final product ends up being very different. But it may still all be made in the same factory. A similar example would be Dewalt and Black & Decker.

This is NOT the same however as an OEM simply rebranding products, much like store brands where no changes other than cosmetic are done.

Having designed some prodcuts from scratch I can say it is cost prohibitive in most cases, unless the market is brand new (i.e. no competition, or revolutionary product) or extremely large selling millions of units per year. Look to the other High End manufacturers who do design and build their own from scratch and that's why they are so expensive. I would love to deisgn a cost no object product. But too often its I need it now, I need it to sell cheap, and I don't have any development dollars.

I have had my 990 for only a week and so far I love it. To me Outlaw is similar to what Adcom was in the late 80's. Great products at a reasonable price giving excellent value per dollar. However they do it work for me as a consumer. Although I would love to have input on some of their design meetings!

#56343 - 10/26/05 07:56 AM Re: gonna buy a outlaw 990 and 770 amp but one ?
Ritz Offline
Desperado

Loc: NJ/Beijing
Gband,

Well, I'll have to introduce you to the 440hp family dragster, my 2.7T A6. 8-)

I had my Adcom stage a few years ago (loved the GFA-5802) and am now pretty happy with the Outlaw gear. My questions weren't designed as a criticism, but more of an exercise in trying to wrap my brain around Outlaw's role in the process of getting item X from drawing board to living room.

Cheers,

#56344 - 10/26/05 11:40 AM Re: gonna buy a outlaw 990 and 770 amp but one ?
gband Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Central NJ
Ritz,

Oh I didn't take it as criticism, I was just throwing in my 2 cents worth. I also have a 2.7T, had it for 5 years and still love it. I haven't had the chance to chip it yet.

I still like my Adcom 555II amplifiers, but I am in the process of selling my preamp as I no longer need it with the 990. I think I may upgrade to Outlaw amps when the new ones come out.

#56345 - 10/26/05 11:56 AM Re: gonna buy a outlaw 990 and 770 amp but one ?
painttoad Offline
Desperado

Loc: peoria il
i've got a denon cd changer that's actually a jvc,when it went in for service last time i asked the tech if it was true,after 10 seconds of stuttering and stammering he said no.hence confirming what my source told me.it's a jvc. smile

i think quite a few companies have been doing this for a long time(not just in audio),monitor audio years ago used b & w drivers....shelby used a ford motor,but it's not a ford cobra.

#56346 - 10/26/05 03:05 PM Re: gonna buy a outlaw 990 and 770 amp but one ?
wings of death Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

learned a little about audio and cars in one thread,where else can you get that kind of info? smile

anyway,my 990 is gonna be here in a few hours or less and i have to wait for the amp that will come on halloween.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

#56347 - 11/10/05 09:49 PM Re: gonna buy a outlaw 990 and 770 amp but one ?
wings of death Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

just poped in to say that i am so happy with my new outlaw rig.

i never had anything (HT) that sounds so great! i'll never buy an integrated amp processor AVReceiver ever again, i'll stick with pre/pros and amps forever.
i hope OUTLAW will be here forever.you have a costumer for life!

thank you.

#56348 - 11/10/05 10:12 PM Re: gonna buy a outlaw 990 and 770 amp but one ?
beachbum Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: nomad
i am a new outlaw and glad to be one, no one mentioned the 2200 blocks how about these amps. whats the history of these m-block amps, i know they evolved from the 200.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 296 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM