Ritz,

I have found that many HT brands offer similar, if not the same, products as their competitors. For example the Outlaw 950 was rebadged by two (Sherbourn and ??) other companies and the 990 shares so much with the Sherwood. When researching plasma TVs three years ago, the Hitachi I bought had the same glass as Sony. Outlaw and ATI's relationship may very well be as you have surmised.

This caused me to look a little deeper into the products I found interesting. Was there an alternative to a piece of gear that would cost less but provide identical or similar features? What other factors should I consider (e.g customer service, warranty,)? I chose Outlaw for their products, customer service and 30 day return policy. I like my 990 and their customer service has been very good, plus I did take advantage of the 30-day return policy. Outlaw has more than met my expectations.

Back to this thread...I'm comfortable that Outlaw, if asked, would say that the 2005 is a good match for the 990 given the similarities with the 7500.

Its all good, now back to the movie...