Perfect:

Your comments live up to your name. An excellent summary of what is going on here, and with THX in general. The original premise of THX, to "have the movie (programming) sound the same way in yoru home has it did in all enviroments back to the orignial conception of the sound designer" is a noble one. Indeed, back in the "early days" of analog home theater when the matrix 4:2:4 surround systems were all we had to deal with, it made a bit more sense than now. In particular, the components of the system that helped out in the days of the bandwidth limited, mono surruond channel of the orignal ProLogic system made sense.

In today's digital world, with full bandwidth, discrete rear channels (at least in 5.1 and 6.1 systems, but not in 7.1) some components are less important, some still relevant. Like everything else in this "hobby" it's a matter of subjectivity as to what sounds better and why.

All people are doing here is expressing their opinions. You can take what you want and think valid, and ignore the rest. I don't want to put my equipment list out there -- for those who do, by all means, but for thos eof us who prefer annonimity, fine. I don't need to state my experience or "length of time", as I really don't need that validation -- some do and fine for them, some do by way of explanation of their background, and also fine, some don't for reasons of privacy or other -- that ought to eb fine too. However, don't presume that any one person's knowledge here is better than anyone else's.

It's only home theater, for crying out loud! (IN 7.1 digital surround, of course!)