Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#55668 - 08/22/05 11:54 AM 990 Zone 2 Questions
John Little Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Birmingham, AL
OK - I have my 990 up and running with a 770 amp. Running 2 zones, the first, my home theater, running Martin Logan speakers all the way around, 6.1. BenQ projector, Component connected to the 990. The second zone is connected to 2 Russound CAV 6.6 whole house audio systems. That way I can interface any source in the 990 to my whole house through zone 2. Everything works great, I can watch any DVD from the HT DVD player on any TV in the house, the Tivo on any TV, etc, with the sound coming out of the Speakercraft speakers in each room (12 Russound zones). Now here is my problem, and it's mostly to do with the tuner:

When you listen to the radio on Zone 2, and change the channel, zone 1 switches to the tuner input, regardless of what you were doing. So if you are watching a movie, and the wife wants to listen to a different radio station, the home theater audio flips to the radio on each channel change. Is there a discrere code, or some setting I'm missing, that allows zone 2 to change the tuner without it interrupting zone 1?

The second issue is on how you have to change the stations on the tuner. You have to directly input the preset by number, or you have to PSCAN and go through all the channels, to get to the one you want to listen to. I can't seem to find a way to just change the channel up and down between presets. Why this is an issue: Most home audio systems don't have keypads at the zone, just a channel up and down button for the tuner source. That means to change the channel, I have to PSCAN through 30 presets, where a direct up / down station button would be so much better. Even direct number access doesn't to much good unless you post all the station presets next to each wall mounted keypad. Any suggestions, other than use a different tuner?

John

#55669 - 08/22/05 03:18 PM Re: 990 Zone 2 Questions
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
That's a very cool setup, John. There are some RS232 discrete codes for tuner up and tuner down, although I don't know if that can be tied into your system control or not. I also don't know if the RS232 codes would affect the input in the main zone or not. Outlaw Support might be able to help a bit.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 312 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM