Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#55639 - 08/12/05 02:21 PM Re: Do you recomend bi-amping and can this be done?
blaineh Offline
Gunslinger

Here is the thing: A 200 watt amp sounds better when operated at or below it's "class A threshold" which I believe is about 15 watts for the 755. I need to everything I can to keep the power low, and signal clean. Hence, I activly bi-amp. Passive yield benifits as well, the mid/treble amp doesn't get "pulled down" by heavy bass hits. My advice? Simply try it in stereo only mode, and leave the rears out of it temporally. Listen to complex music in single amp wiring, at a pretty agresive level, then with your extra cables at the ready, hook up the passive bi-amp connections and extra amps (maybe using a outlaw "Y" connector) Listen AT THE SAME volume (maybe be sure with a SPL meter)You will hear better defined bass and clearer cleaner midrange/highs. If I am wrong, no loss except for maybe the "y" connectors...

#55640 - 08/12/05 02:35 PM Re: Do you recomend bi-amping and can this be done?
blaineh Offline
Gunslinger

Oh, I forgot. A good many speakers that have bi-amping connections (as opposed to bi-wire connections) have jumpers that are in place for single amping, and removed for bi-amping. When they are removed, the woofer is electrically isolated from the mid/high connections. Hence, the amp connected to the woofer can impart no distortion to the midrange. The inductor and such is still inplace, so the range hitting the speaker is still limited to what it can handle. The same is true of the midhigh, the half of the xover that limits lows from reaching the mids still protects it, but no load whatsoever from the woofer will be seen by the mid amp. Of course, the bass signal hits the front end, but if there is no low freq load, it lightens the work it need to do and limits distortion...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 219 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM