Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#54968 - 06/26/05 03:46 PM Thinking of 990 and active monitors
westrock Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Fort Worth
I've been considering going to full active monitors, and the 990 looks like an excellent choice because of the built-in XLR.

Currently I have a H/K Signature 2.0 which is fine as far as sound is concerned, but it is limited to S-Video and has RCA's like most processors.

I figure running 30 foot runs would be best with XLR, plus I'm starting to need more HDTV hookups than I care to switch on the TV.

Anyways I've been looking at Alesis, Behringer, KRK, and M-Audio monitors, all in the $250-$350 per pair. I would put the same monitors all the way around.

Anyways I don't have much insight to give, but just wanted to toss up an idea. If you have any insight, I would love to hear it.

I'm gonna sell my H/K Signature 2.0, PA5800 amp, and two Manepan sets to hopefully cover the pre-amp and maybe two pairs of monitors. Don't get me wrong I love the Magnepans, I just want to try something new smile

#54969 - 06/26/05 04:06 PM Re: Thinking of 990 and active monitors
westrock Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Fort Worth
Acutally I did have a question about the 990. On my Sig2.0 when ever a digital signal goes quite for a second the decoder mutes and doesn't come back until a signal presents itself. So waht happens is I don't get the first second or two of a track when listening to music (unless one song leads into the next). But I have had other DD decoders that didn't do this...some did though. Just wondering if the 990 does this or not.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 173 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
caffeinated, WooWho, Ali, garyedward, jamescuz
8713 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,713 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ 06/25/24 03:13 AM