Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#54918 - 06/25/05 07:55 AM Re: My Software Complaints, and display issues
blaineh Offline
Gunslinger

Wife just had our new baby girl last night, and like a true audio nut I am pursuing my hobby this morning. (I mean, she is a the hospital playing with bay, so why shouldn't I have fun too?)
Anyway, I suspect I won't have time this weekend to all my swapping around and comparisons, and post them all...however, I have say again: the stereo upsample using a good digital PCM source really sounds good. I am running bi-amped planers (maganpan 20.0) and a phase corrected HSU sub. Hope the information display issue gets resolved soon, I really hate having my remote display dead when I change volume and not being able to check what mode I am in...did I mention that before?
I will be back with more soon...javascript:void(0)
Wink

#54919 - 06/25/05 10:59 AM Re: My Software Complaints, and display issues
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Congrats on the baby, blaineh! My girl is about 4 months old now, and is on my shoulder at the moment.

#54920 - 06/25/05 03:06 PM Re: My Software Complaints, and display issues
CJL1138 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: McKinney, TX
The OSD seems to be the focus of most complaints; so here's an idea that would be an answer to most peoples problems.

Outlaw should develop a method to allow the user to program the OSD with any of the available parametric data through the USB or RS-232 ports.

They could for instance provide a web-based tool for selecting the data desired on the OSD, along with a choice of several simple formats. The user would then download the selected program and upload it to the 990.

#54921 - 06/25/05 04:39 PM Re: My Software Complaints, and display issues
Mike in Virginia Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lansdowne, Virginia
I've been listening to the complaints about the OSD, and what I thought of doing, since I intend to watch my monitor through a DVI connection, was hook up an old 5" B/W TV to the composite connection and do my setups that way. Does that make sense?
Outlaw LCR center
Oppo OPDV971H DVD
LiteOn 5005 DVD recorder
SA 8300HD/DVR STB
Dual 1219 phono
Ion Tape2PC USB
Harmony 620
Samsung HLR5078W

#54922 - 06/25/05 06:34 PM Re: My Software Complaints, and display issues
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Currently, it appears that the analog monitor outputs (composite, s-video, component) are not active when the DVI switching is in use, which I think is a big part of the trouble blaineh is having.

#54923 - 07/03/05 05:40 PM Re: My Software Complaints, and display issues
Ritz Offline
Desperado

Loc: NJ/Beijing
I agree that having to configure the 990 through the OSD is a supreme pain in the neck.

Here's what I did:

CompUSA had a "High Speed USB Video Grabber" for $49.95. I connected this to my laptop and then "captured" the output so I could see the OSD. Why did I do that? Because I'm in the midst of moving to a new house and my new 37" LCD display hasn't been delivered yet and my kids would shoot me if I stole the existing 30" LCD to bring to the new house to "play with the stereo." 8-)

In any case, I'm a first time Outlaw customer. I bought the following package:

Model 990 Pre
Model 755 amp
2 x LFM-1 subs
1 x Outlaw fiber optic cable for DVD player
2 x Outlaw PCA Sub interconnects

Right now, I'm using my old speakers...a pair of Dahlquist DQ-20i for the mains, and Definitive Technology BP2 and C-1. Eventually, those will all be replaced with Magnepan MMGs.

Here's hoping that everything works! I'm going to be doing the setup tomorrow so I'll have some music while I'm unpacking boxes. As soon as the LDC arrives, I'll test out the theater bits on U-571!

Cheers,

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 107 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
caffeinated, WooWho, Ali, garyedward, jamescuz
8713 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,713 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ 06/25/24 03:13 AM